• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2023 Carolina Panthers thread - HOF Julius Peppers

Bosa signed for 5/170, $122.5M guaranteed. Highest paid defensive player in NFL history.

Burns is not worth anything close to Bosa. I wish we had taken the picks.
I wonder if they could have gotten the #1 pick for #9, Burns, and two 2nds? Keep DJ and draft a DE in the 2nd.

it does seem like burns reputation is better than his production (to date)

The view on Burns seems to be that he's an ascending player. If he is peaked or close to peaked, he's going to get way more money here than he should. At his present level of play he's worth not much more than he's already making.

The view on Burns seems to be that he's an ascending player. If he is peaked or close to peaked, he's going to get way more money here than he should. At his present level of play he's worth not much more than he's already making.
wouldn't a team want to pay for an ascending player? rather than pay once he HAS peaked? pay for expected future performance rather than reward past performance typ ething

When has that EVER stopped a MLB/NBA/NFL player from crying for more $$? Inflated view of their own worth ...

wouldn't a team want to pay for an ascending player? rather than pay once he HAS peaked? pay for expected future performance rather than reward past performance typ ething
Well yeah of course, if he truly IS ascending. Therein lies the issue.

When has that EVER stopped a MLB/NBA/NFL player from crying for more $$? Inflated view of their own worth ...
LOL. NFL players only get one real shot at a big contract, and the vast majority of the players never even make it to that point. I have absolutely no problems with players negotiating the best possible contracts, especially since they are leaving their minds and bodies on the field.

Just pay him FFS. If you don’t want to trade him for 2 firsts you’ve lost your bargaining position so give him what he wants. You’re not gonna get a medal for saving a few million dollars. And if he ends up sucking it’ll still be your fault anyway
This. You can't keep him and then not sign him. Tepper has the $

Burns, Shaq, and Brown are the only three players on the team with a cap hit over $7.5M.

But as I suggested above, there’s plenty of cap room.

Back