• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2023 Carolina Panthers thread - HOF Julius Peppers

Reich did have that one good half playing for the Bills 30 years ago, so there’s that

Agreed with most of this. But doesn't everything then point back to Fitterer and roster construction? It was my understanding that you're high on Fitt. Or you were a few weeks back when listing off the good moves/signings he has made.
I am very down on Fitterer as my posts indicate. His hole filling FA signings have been decent though IMO. I liked the Bozeman and Corbett signings for instance. Hurst. Luvu, Bell were all good deals I think. Drafting has been awful. He has zero eye for college talent.

I am very down on Fitterer as my posts indicate. His hole filling FA signings have been decent though IMO. I liked the Bozeman and Corbett signings for instance. Hurst. Luvu, Bell were all good deals I think. Drafting has been awful. He has zero eye for college talent.

Fair. I think he's fired soon. At worst, end of the season. If Miami embarrasses us I wouldn't be surprised to see Erevo promoted and Reich axed.

2.5 weeks ago:
The Panthers signed Jake Luton to the practice squad yesterday. Before that, Young and Dalton were the only QBs on the entire roster. Do they have to put Luton on the active roster for him to be QB2?

It would be a shitshow if they went through this ankle charade and Dalton got injured so Young had to play anyway.

I hope it's just Young is overwhelmed and not Reich using Young as a human shield. He's staring at a 0-6 start after an interim coach finished 6-6. This a disaster and I could certainly see firing Reich during the bye week and either promoting Brown or Ejero or installing Caldwell as interim to stop the bleeding.

0% chance Frank gets fired.

Now I could see Dave telling him to pass play calling over to our OC at some point.
Today:
Fair. I think he's fired soon. At worst, end of the season. If Miami embarrasses us I wouldn't be surprised to see Erevo promoted and Reich axed.

On the face of it, Kirksey doesn't have the most impressive resume. He's in his 1st year as director of college scouting after being a regional guy for a handful of years and last year as assistant director. He was in Jacksonville for several years before joining Carolina in 2021, and Jacksonville didn't have the greatest drafting record while he was there. You might could use an entire front office overhaul.

I can't imagine a NFL coach getting fired 6 games into his first season with a team. Has that ever happened?

Reich's daughter works for the Panthers and at this point I would rather Tepper promote her to HC .

I can't imagine a NFL coach getting fired 6 games into his first season with a team. Has that ever happened?

Reich's daughter works for the Panthers and at this point I would rather Tepper promote her to HC .
These are special circumstances. Reich got the job by promising to put together a strong staff. These aren't his guys. Both coordinators are considered to be future head coaches and he's got two former head coaches on staff as consultants. Also the GM is likely to go as well. Most importantly, there's no benefit to tanking.

If you fire him you have to replace him with somebody. You're not going to get anyone decent now, and this season is already toast. The only reason to do it would be to promote Evero or Thomas Brown to interim HC as a trial to get in on them early as a long term hire. But Tepper already showed that he can't be trusted to hire a successful interim coach. So I don't see it.

And regardless of who is calling the plays, Thomas Brown has shown as much reason to be hired as a head coach with this offensive performance as Joe Brady did.

well, we didn't get one coach since he was earmarked for Houston, but we currently have someone on staff who Houston has interviewed for HC a few times in the past

Yeah this staff is not a bunch of guys he worked with at temple, this is a legit staff like ph said and what most folks were pretty pumped about here. Reich might not be utilizing them to their potential by calling plays himself but the hollow roster is what it is. That won’t change quickly.

The roster isn't good and has plenty of injuries, but I don't think this is the best they can do.

Urban Meyer didn't make it much past 6

I get the feeling that Reich doesn't have buy-in from the veterans on this roster

I get the feeling that Reich doesn't have buy-in from the veterans on this roster
Veterans don't usually buy-in to coaches that can't win a game.

I'm just excited for 3 years from now when we are arguing about whether or not we can really evaluate Bryce fairly because his growth as an NFL QB was stunted by sure-to-be-fired-by-then Coach Reich

Back