• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2023 Carolina Panthers thread - HOF Julius Peppers

CJ Stroud question just got asked. Tepper says decisions were made by football people and it was unanimous that Bryce was the guy at #1. Reiterates that Bryce was Reich's guy. Says he could have personally vetoed it but did not.

And that was the last question.

Tepper is 10 times more accessible than Jerry Richardson was, unless you wanted to post up at Art's BBQ, then you could see him twice a day before his heart surgery.

The Olsen rumor is funny to me. He basically said "I would be interested if someone called me directly and offered me millions of dollars to coach an NFL team in my hometown". Well, yea, wouldn't almost anyone?

Did I tell you people about the time Jerry borrowed my iPhone at Art's BBQ ? He was waiting for a couple of team execs, the usual crowd, to join him for lunch and they were late. He didn't have a phone so I let him borrow mine. When I say "he didn't have a phone," I mean that he didn't own a phone. I had to show him how to use an iPhone to call somebody.

Same old crap from Tepper. Couldn't stand in front of the press for more than 10 minutes. Didn't explain the Reich firing at all. Closest he came to apologizing or taking any responsibility was an answer about how he "lives and dies" with every play and thus shares the frustrations of fans. Launched once again into how much things have been improved behind the scenes and how great all the concerts are. Not one thing from him about getting "less involved", was asked about hiring an outside firm for the coaching search and he dodged the question.

Last edited:
I mean I'm not at all shocked that a petty, thin-skinned billionaire doesn't want to directly address the columnist whose column ran on the front page saying he needs to GTFO

tepper tried to get mike tomlin fired in 2018 when he was still a minority partner in the steelers

Anyone going to come out and counter Teppers claim that Young was the unanimous choice? The complete opposite of what Guitar reported this morning.

Young was the unanimous choice. But as far as the guys that had real input, I was told Reich had to be convinced on Young over Stroud who he felt was the better choice. I’m going to get more info on all that.

well.... I heard a little scuttlebutt that the front office and other coaches kept pushing Reich to adjust the offensive scheme, and Reich refused any and all input. Tepper is still a donk though, but Reich's refusal to adapt lost the locker room, splintered the coaching staff, etc.

The thing that gets me about Tepper is he has always worshiped the Steelers organization to the point that he had to buy into it. And literally every moment of his ownership has been the opposite of the Steelers way.

Back