• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2023 Pit Fantasy Football League - THE PLAYOFFS ARE SET

Picking 7th and 14th in 2023:

7) @DeaconPeach
8) Ghost
9) Pickle
10) SD3
11) Barca
12) Fighting Cocks
13) YoungBuck
14) @Sleepy

Is picking first even good in this league? You get the best, 40th, and 41st best players?

Picking 6th and 15th in 2023:

6) @Gooner
7) Peach
8) Ghost
9) Pickle
10) SD3
11) Barca
12) Fighting Cocks
13) YoungBuck
14) Sleepy
15) Mrs. @iodeac

Is picking first even good in this league? You get the best, 40th, and 41st best players?
Most seasons I'm not sure one spot is that much better than another. But they do require a different strategy.

Most seasons I'm not sure one spot is that much better than another. But they do require a different strategy.
I mean, depending on how you rank players and place them into different tiers, there are certainly some spots that are better than others.

But that is somewhat dependent on your individual ranking of players which is subjective.

I'm glad you guys are vibing together so well on pick value discussions because picking 5th and 16th in 2023:

5) @deacon14
6) Gooner
7) Peach
8) Ghost
9) Pickle
10) SD3
11) Barca
12) Fighting Cocks
13) YoungBuck
14) Sleepy
15) Mrs. I/O
16) @PhDeac

I mean, depending on how you rank players and place them into different tiers, there are certainly some spots that are better than others.

But that is somewhat dependent on your individual ranking of players which is subjective.
Sure, but those tiers differ every year. Some years there's a clear #1 or a clear top 5 or whatever. But if there isn't, you're probably better off picking #10 or so. But I like to know where I'm picking as soon as possible. If you're picking high or low, you know there are plenty of players you just won't be able to get. For example, most seasons if you pick an RB at #5, you won't be able to get a top 3 QB or TE. That's probably why Mrs. I/O took Mahomes so early. It was an unorthodox move that worked pretty well. I took RBs with my first three picks a few seasons ago because I knew I'd have to reach at other positions with the 3rd pick.

Sure, but those tiers differ every year.
Oh I see what you are saying. Yeah, the same # pick isn’t going to be the ideal or worst spot every year, but there’s still obviously differences in expected value overall based on draft slot each year.

I’m excited for the strategy of this league, 20 teams is a lot

Picking 4th and 17th in 2023:

4) @JamesSokolove
5) D14
6) Gooner
7) Peach
8) Ghost
9) Pickle
10) SD3
11) Barca
12) Fighting Cocks
13) YoungBuck
14) Sleepy
15) Mrs. I/O
16) Ph
17) @redwing42

Picking 3rd and 18th in 2023:

3) @iodeac
4) Edarem
5) D14
6) Gooner
7) Peach
8) Ghost
9) Pickle
10) SD3
11) Barca
12) Fighting Cocks
13) YoungBuck
14) Sleepy
15) Mrs. I/O
16) Ph
17) redwing
18) @TripleDeacon

Picking 2nd and 19th in 2023:

2) @Satan
3) I/O
4) Edarem
5) D14
6) Gooner
7) Peach
8) Ghost
9) Pickle
10) SD3
11) Barca
12) Fighting Cocks
13) YoungBuck
14) Sleepy
15) Mrs. I/O
16) Ph
17) redwing
18) Triple
19) @DeacHawk

If you're pissed about your draft spot, you're welcome to sign up for the Fantasy Basketball League*

*better draft spot not guaranteed

Back