• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2024 PGA Tour thread

Sure do. Especially in golf. In the API, the hot pick was Eric Cole and he missed the cut. This week, Doug Ghim has flown up the odds boards. He will probably finish 134th.

Last edited:
Just listened to a betting show where one of the guests said this year they just dumped their entire plan and decided to feed everything into Scheffler bets.

Every time he plays he put in a win, top 5 , top 10, and top 20. His finishes this year are 5, 17, 6, 3, 10, win, win. Even with the garbage odds he's up like $20k. Tiger-style dominance...

Watched some of the Singapore tourney this a.m. on a wildly undulating terrain there, and Alex was again in 1 of the feature groups. He was in the windy afternoon wave and was having a good day before doubling the par 3 island green 17th and finished -2. Good field this week with Lowry and Pavan making the long trek after Sawgrass. And there's a Barnrat sighting at the top.

Cam Young climbing the leaderboard at the Valspar. Got to do it one of these weeks..

Cam Young climbing the leaderboard at the Valspar. Got to do it one of these weeks..
Saw that, though I have a hard time getting into Innisbrook. Palos Verdes and the Singapore course are more interesting watches. Was kinda pissed they were showing the Valspar replay over the Singapore replay the last 2 mornings. And Jen made the cut on the number at Palos Verdes. She's played some pretty forgettable golf for the last year plus.

Surprised zero mention of this; apparently the basketball game spared many of you the agony of seeing Cameron Young snatch defeat from the jaws of victory in very Wake-like fashion. O.K. wasn't that bad, but he was tied for the lead and on the tee at 18 while the other guy in 1st is in a horrible greenside rough lie on 17; looks like at least a one-shot swing. So again in a very Deacon-esque turn of events, the dude in the deep rough beside the green gets a clublength drop our of it b/c his stance was "impaired" by a sprinkler head, while almost simultaneously Young hits his first bad drive of the day into the portajohns = ballgame. At this point I had no clue of the basketball score, but told my wife before switching over that no doubt the karma would prove me right that we were laying an egg vs. Georgia which of course we were.
I honestly can't think of another major college sports program and its fanbase that has been as tortured over the years as ours, but I'm sure they're out there. I used to think of NCSU and Purdue as our compatriots in the department ,but they've gone in one direction lately while we're trending the opposite. But just have to remind myself that our golf, soccer, tennis and baseball are very strong; those sports matter too, but just not as prominently for what programs get identifed with nationally.

Cam driving it a mile wide on 18 and 3 putting for bogey and losing to the bucket hat wearing, yellow ball playing guy is the equivalent of us losing to UGA today. You can take the man away from Wake Forest, but you can’t take the Wake Forest away from the man.

Cam driving it a mile wide on 18 and 3 putting for bogey and losing to the bucket hat wearing, yellow ball playing guy is the equivalent of us losing to UGA today. You can take the man away from Wake Forest, but you can’t take the Wake Forest away from the man.
Yep, very Wake outcome, though the guy who won has a compelling story in his own right. Got to think Young's day will come, though the contant close but no cigar probably plays on your head more in golf than any other sport.

Malnaty won it with the birdie on 17. But the approach putt after the good recovery shot on 18 was terrible after a solid putting week. I still see more positives than negatives for him after bouncing back from a bad week at the Players. He was hitting more putts this week. I'm optimistic for both him and Will the rest of the season after Will being out and Cam having a bit of a down year last year. Unfortunately way more optimistic than for Jen at this point because she looks like she could miss out on the Solheim Cup in September.

Yep, very Wake outcome, though the guy who won has a compelling story in his own right. Got to think Young's day will come, though the contant close but no cigar probably plays on your head more in golf than any other sport.
Yeah, I was very happen for Malnati. Of course I was pulling for Cam, but even though Malnati has win in his career, he probably needed more than Cam did.

Malnati benefitted from a ruling that allowed him to move his ball from a terrible lie in the rough on 16. Malanti's stance would have been on a sprinkler head; so, not only did Malanati get a free drop, he was able to move the ball out of the rough to the fringe. Malanati admitted that ruling was benefitted him by a ton.

Peter Malnati knew it was a fortunate break. He made the most of it.
Not long before winning the Valspar Championship at 12-under, two strokes clear of Cameron Young, Malnati looked to face a gnarly pitch on the par-4 16th at Innisbrook Resort’s Copperhead Course after tugging his approach left of the green. Malnati and Young were tied at the time; with Young facing a mid-range birdie look at 17, Young looked to have the advantage.
Malnati, though, drew good fortune in that a sprinkler head impeded his natural stance to play the shot. The nearest point of relief (within one club length, no closer to the hole) was in the fringe; Malnati called over Steve Rintoul, PGA TOUR Vice President, Rules and Officiating, who confirmed the free drop. (A sprinkler head is considered an immovable obstruction under Rule 16.1.)

The golf gods were in Malnati’s favor here, a reality that he didn’t dance around.
“I feel this is a great break, and I want you to be here … this is the right way to do it, isn’t it?” Malnati asked Rintoul in real time.
“That’s your nearest point,” Rintoul confirmed.
Suddenly a dicey chip became a fairly straightforward 45-foot putt from the fringe. Malnati lagged to 4 feet and saved par.

The tournament turned on that ruling.

The link

Yeah, I was very happen for Malnati. Of course I was pulling for Cam, but even though Malnati has win in his career, he probably needed more than Cam did.
Yeah, was rooting for Cam but was happy for Malnati, and his comments afterwards were excellent.

Did any of ya'll see the tremendous break Malnati got on 16? Without that relief, I'm not sure he gets out of that hole without some additional strokes.

Ah, Pilch was posting about it at same time.

Haas choked away a win at the Valspar to Stenson a few years ago at the Valspar too.

Cam lost by 2. He didn't lose the tournament by bogeying 18.

Cam lost by 2. He didn't lose the tournament by bogeying 18.
Cam most likely didn't know where Malnati was at when he bogeyed the hole and Malnati playing 18 with a one shot lead, might've been different than him playing it with a 2 shot lead. I don't think that Cam choked, but he sure didn't do what he needed to do on 18 to give himself a chance, off the tee or on the green.

Stepping up to the 18th tee with a chance to win a tournament or face a playoff, and slicing the ball into the netherworld is choking.

Stepping up to the 18th tee with a chance to win a tournament or face a playoff, and slicing the ball into the netherworld is choking.
Cam pulled/hooked it on 18; like Judge Smails, "betting is illegal at Bushwood, and I never slice....

Did any of ya'll see the tremendous break Malnati got on 16? Without that relief, I'm not sure he gets out of that hole without some additional strokes.

Ah, Pilch was posting about it at same time.
Nothing negative about what Malanti did b/c the "rule is the rule" and he used it correctly to his advantage , but I don't think his standing on that sprinkler head would have had any impact on the stability of his stance or his swing; pretty much all upper body movement from that green-side position.

DED, true, but the rule allowed him to do it. Not the 1st time someone has been relieved to find their terrible lie bailed out by the proximity of a sprinkler head or electrical box. I still feel Malnati won this more than Cam losing it by the birdie on 17. Sure, Cam hit a terrible drive on 18, but he was able to hit a good wedge through a window to get on the green. It was the approach putt that was the big mistake, but overall, he had a good putting week by his standards.

Back