• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2024 PGA Tour thread

Alex Fitzpatrick is playing (as is Bill Haas) in this week's PGA Tour (secondary) event in Puntacana, DR. The elevated event is the Heritage in Hilton Head, where Alex's brother will be defending last year's title. Lots of action on Cam Young to finally breakthrough at Harbour Town. While many were expecting a Scheffler to withdraw, he is currently expected to play. Field is stacked.

Doesn’t seem like a bomber course. Most of us thread needles with irons. #9 is more like 7 iron -Wedge.

It's known to not be a bomber course and a lot of players skip it for that reason exactly. the other popular reason for skipping it is that it's the week after The Masters and everyone's tired from prepping for and playing in a major. It's also not the greatest course around.

Harbour Town favors elite approach players, and while Young can bomb, he is among the best in approach also. Hoge is getting lots of love, because he is Mr. Approach. Obviously, if Scheffler plays and is focused, its over. People are counting on Scheffler bailing because his wife goes into labor or to just not GAF after winning the Masters.

Cam's also #28 in Driving Accuracy Percentage, so it's not like he's regularly knocking it all over the place and trying to recover.

Positioning coming into those tiny greens is way more important than distance.

Definitely feels odd to have a signature event the week after a major.

Love HT and Sea Pines.

Harbour Town is probably my favorite course they play. Shotmaker’s course, Pete Dye, great par threes, the finishing stretch on the Sound…it’s awesome. Glad they’re pulling good fields these days. It was getting a bit hairy for awhile before it was designated as an elevated event. Masters-Heritage might be my favorite two weeks of sports.

Saw Scheffler is playing at Hilton Head. With a wife about to pop and a green jacket, I'm somewhat surprised. Dude doesn't need the $$$.

Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Alex Fitzpatrick is playing (as is Bill Haas) in this week's PGA Tour (secondary) event in Puntacana, DR. The elevated event is the Heritage in Hilton Head, where Alex's brother will be defending last year's title. Lots of action on Cam Young to finally breakthrough at Harbour Town. While many were expecting a Scheffler to withdraw, he is currently expected to play. Field is stacked.
I really enjoy watching the secondary events, particlualry on Sunday. Guys on the way up/way down in their careers have given us some good finishes and back-stories. Nice to have a viewing option if The Heritage ends up with a yawner finish, which could happen if Scheffler actually takes this week semi-seriously.

Positioning coming into those tiny greens is way more important than distance.

Definitely feels odd to have a signature event the week after a major.

Love HT and Sea Pines.
I bet the politics, negotiating, and $ discussions re: which events will be signature are fascinating.

Harbour Town is probably my favorite course they play. Shotmaker’s course, Pete Dye, great par threes, the finishing stretch on the Sound…it’s awesome. Glad they’re pulling good fields these days. It was getting a bit hairy for awhile before it was designated as an elevated event. Masters-Heritage might be my favorite two weeks of sports.
Riviera is my favorite tour stop, but HT is up there. It's Pete Dye kinda pre steroids, and I also think this may be the best set of par 3s on tour.

If it weren't for LIV, there wouldn't be any elevated events on the PGA Tour.

When JT Poston gets it rolling, he can go quite low.

Good day for pro Deacs.

Heritage

Cam -4
Willy Z -3
Webb E

Puerto Rico

Alex Fitz -3
Bill Haas -3 (birdied the last 4)

Alex Fitz - sponsor's exemption? Haas - qualified?
Bill has very limited exemptions based on his current status. LK is exactly right that even with this limited status, he got in. Hope he can find some part of his game and make a run in his 40s like Jay did.

And just like that, he is -7 through 13 today (-10 total) and tied for third.

Back