• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2024 PGA Tour thread

While we're on underwhelming tour courses, TPC Scottsdale blows. I enjoy the WM as much as the next guy, but good lord is that course shitty when it's not in tourney shape.

While we're on underwhelming tour courses, TPC Scottsdale blows. I enjoy the WM as much as the next guy, but good lord is that course shitty when it's not in tourney shape.

I said something similar a few hours ago on the CT.

I played Troon North out there last spring and it was great.

Yeah, it's a good tourney because of the atmosphere, not the quality of the course, although it does have 2 risk/reward holes in the last 4 that usually make for exciting endings. But I'm not a huge desert golf fan anyway. The most interesting desert courses I like from the various tours are Shadow Creek (LPGA) and the 2 Dubai courses that are Rolex events.

That’s the lowest relative to par ever, right? I know Furyk’s 58 was 12 under. This guy got to -13!

It's been several years since I've played it. But since you asked how I played the last 3 holes, that day I played them birdie - birdie - birdie from the pro tees meaning we stepped back to the tips on all holes even when there weren't tee markers back there - especially 18. Hey, you asked.
Hell of a finish! Best I could ever do was 74 from the back. Many years ago.

The Course is in Colombia and played very easy:

The conditions at the Pacos Course at Country Club de Bogota were ripe for a low score. The course is 6,254 yards and plays even shorter, as Bogota sits about 8,600 feet above sea level. Rain earlier in the week softened its greens. Players were allowed to lift, clean and place their balls under preferred lie rules because of soggy conditions.

"It was a very short course, I mean really short," Del Solar said in a video conference from Colombia. "[There were] a lot of holes that were drivable; I wouldn't say drivable, but within 20 yards of the green. I wouldn't necessarily get on the green, but I was around it. The course was definitely set up to shoot a low score.

"Now, when you go onto a course like this, you don't think, 'I'm going to shoot 57.' You just go out there and do your best and hope it's a really low score. You've still got to do it, obviously."

I said something similar a few hours ago on the CT.

I played Troon North out there last spring and it was great.
I've only heard great things about Troon North. Really regret prioritizing TPC Scottsdale, but there's enough out there about it so it's kind of on me.

This is the before video:

Now, they need to post the after video of drunks puking and stumbling out...

I don't get just going to 16. Every time I've gone to a tourney, I make sure we end up walking the entire course by the end of it because I want to take in the architecture as a whole. Then you pause on a hole for a while and then follow another group for a few holes.

I don't get just going to 16. Every time I've gone to a tourney, I make sure we end up walking the entire course by the end of it because I want to take in the architecture as a whole. Then you pause on a hole for a while and then follow another group for a few holes.
I've always thought that if I ever went to The Masters, it would be cool to wait until the final group of the day was on hole 14 or so, start back at #1 and walk the entire course with pretty much no spectators nearby.

Because you're a golf fan and not a drunken idiot just there to party.

C'ville as an FYI, the horde bolting to the #16 Grandstand at the Waste Management Open is not there to take in the architecture of TPC Scottsdale (Stadium) course.

What architecture? That place is as soulless as Doral. However it's way more fun to play.

I've always thought that if I ever went to The Masters, it would be cool to wait until the final group of the day was on hole 14 or so, start back at #1 and walk the entire course with pretty much no spectators nearby.
Do it, but do it barefoot. Trust me

What architecture? That place is as soulless as Doral. However it's way more fun to play.
Yeah, the Doha course this weekend is a better and tougher layout. And plenty of limestone boulders and chanting/singing in the background.

tvcigar, I feel insulted.

Back