• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2024 PGA Tour thread

Until Hideki made eagle.

correction. Birdie to tie. Will Z with a tough up and down

Hard to beat a guy who almost ties the course record.

That's tough for Will. I think he's slated to play in Mexico this week, which will make next week more worth watching.

I don't recall ever watching a tourney where a guy essentially wins by sticking 2 long irons to 4" on consecutive holes. I like Hideki, so great for him.

Until Hideki made eagle.

correction. Birdie to tie. Will Z with a tough up and down
Did the announcers actually say eagle? I ask because I was just joining then and also had that initial view and even passed it on to someome that he had gone eagle/birdie for 2 approaches within inches...before I then realized that both were birdies.

That's tough for Will. I think he's slated to play in Mexico this week, which will make next week more worth watching.

I don't recall ever watching a tourney where a guy essentially wins by sticking 2 long irons to 4" on consecutive holes. I like Hideki, so great for him.
He WD from Mexico.

Did the announcers actually say eagle? I ask because I was just joining then and also had that initial view and even passed it on to someome that he had gone eagle/birdie for 2 approaches within inches...before I then realized that both were birdies.
Yes, I believe so. I heard one of them say a putt for eagle. I thought maybe I misheard, but it sounds like I didn't.

Niemann, 25, is set to appear in his fifth Masters, where he has made the cut in three of his first four Tournaments, including a career-best T-16 in 2023. He has top-five finishes in each of his three DP World Tour starts this season, including winning the Australian Open in a playoff last December. Niemann’s first Masters came in 2018 while he was the reigning Latin America Amateur champion and the No. 1 ranked amateur in the world.

Notice what Augusta chose to not cite in his resume? The tournaments that matter still don't give a shit about LIV and their mostly shit fields.

Yes. The article mentions that Talor Gooch has won three LIV events, but received no such special Masters invite. Niemann was rewarded for playing in several events outside of the LIV events. Niemann is playing in an Asian Tour event this weekend.

So Alex is -4 T26 going into the last day in Kenya, and Jen is -4 T46 in the limited field event in Thailand going into the last day. Jen hasn't had many decent finishes in quite a while. Kinda boring golf week. Women are on in the middle of the night, DP Kenya course is tough but not overly scenic, and Mexico is alright - better than PGA National and Innisbrook but nothing special.

Anthony Kim playing the LIV event in Saudi this weekend. Can't wait to find out how much they're paying him.

Rory is playing in the PGA Cognizant Classic this week in Florida. This an event where the LIV impact is particularly obvious. After Rory at #2 in the OWGR, the only top 25 players playing in the event are Matt Fitzpatrick (#9), Tom Kim (#16) and Sepp Straka (#25). Good luck finding the featured groups.

I'm a big fan of Jake Knapp winning more tournaments so his girlfriend gets more air time.

Rory is playing in the PGA Cognizant Classic this week in Florida. This an event where the LIV impact is particularly obvious. After Rory at #2 in the OWGR, the only top 25 players playing in the event are Matt Fitzpatrick (#9), Tom Kim (#16) and Sepp Straka (#25). Good luck finding the featured groups.
Is it though? It's not like Rahm, Bryson, Brooks, DJ were going to play this if still on tour.

Don't get to see Hudson Swafford though so a big loss.

I'm a big fan of Jake Knapp winning more tournaments so his girlfriend gets more air time.
Yeah, male golfers out kick their coverage better than any other profession. He was also a good story and got it back together after a shaky start. Enjoyed watching him and Sami. The new group of DP players has been playing well so far this year. Also nice to see Patty Tavitanakit win the last 2 weeks. She'd been in a drought since winning that 1st major and has some star potential.

Pilch, the field this week is better than it was last year. And it's far from my favorite tourney. Don't really care much for the course and hate hearing the term "bear trap" incessantly. Try taking a drink every time you hear that term.

Yeah, male golfers out kick their coverage better than any other profession. He was also a good story and got it back together after a shaky start. Enjoyed watching him and Sami. The new group of DP players has been playing well so far this year. Also nice to see Patty Tavitanakit win the last 2 weeks. She'd been in a drought since winning that 1st major and has some star potential.

Pilch, the field this week is better than it was last year. And it's far from my favorite tourney. Don't really care much for the course and hate hearing the term "bear trap" incessantly. Try taking a drink every time you hear that term.
Yeah, apparently even before they make it on tour. They said they'd been dating for 6 months, I guess it was a speculative investment on her part that just paid off.

Back