• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2024 PGA Tour thread

Morikawa two shots back is now the favorite at Harbour Town.

Bill has very limited exemptions based on his current status. LK is exactly right that even with this limited status, he got in. Hope he can find some part of his game and make a run in his 40s like Jay did.

And just like that, he is -7 through 13 today (-10 total) and tied for third.
Bill Haas has so much talent.

He's won six times on the PGAT, he's won a playoff against Mickelson, and won the PGA Tour Championship; so, its not like his career is a disappointment, but there are times when his game is so high level; that it bums me out that his game fell off a cliff after the car accident. Realize that this is jinxing myself, but I place a small auto-bet on Bill in every start. For this Puntacana tournament against a weak field he was 600 to 1; he's now in the mix. Let's do this Bill.

Bill Haas has so much talent.

He's won six times on the PGAT, he's won a playoff against Mickelson, and won the PGA Tour Championship; so, its not like his career is a disappointment, but there are times when his game is so high level; that it bums me out that his game fell off a cliff after the car accident. Realize that this is jinxing myself, but I place a small auto-bet on Bill in every start. For this Puntacana tournament against a weak field he was 600 to 1; he's now in the mix. Let's do this Bill.
He drew a lot of comparisons to Fred Couples when he came out of college. Easy natural swing, pure ball-striker. Struggled with his putter and a bad right miss under pressure until 2018, when it all fell away. With pure talent like that, he has the chance to get it going again at any time.

It's been several years since he's been competitive. I don't think it's happening at this point. Hope I'm wrong.

Watched some of the Chevron after HT yesterday. The Woodlands is such a boring course compared to Mission Hills. I get Chevron was ponying up more $$, but moving that tournament was a travesty.

Scottie in the lead again, never thought I’d see even a short run of domination Tiger level again, but if he wins AGAIN this week, that is exactly what it is.

Scottie in the lead again, never thought I’d see even a short run of domination Tiger level again, but if he wins AGAIN this week, that is exactly what it is.
Yes, Scottie has been on a tear. For comparison though, at this same age Tiger had 34 PGA Tour wins, 8 of which were majors. Scottie currently has 9 wins, 2 of which were majors. This may be more like a Vijay Singh level of dominance or an Ernie Els level of dominance. Maybe, maybe, a Phil level of dominance. Tiger, though, can’t be touched when it comes to dominance.

Yes, Scottie has been on a tear. For comparison though, at this same age Tiger had 34 PGA Tour wins, 8 of which were majors. Scottie currently has 9 wins, 2 of which were majors. This may be more like a Vijay Singh level of dominance or an Ernie Els level of dominance. Maybe, maybe, a Phil level of dominance. Tiger, though, can’t be touched when it comes to dominance.
If Scottie wins this week or heck, maybe even if he doesn’t, it is a Tiger level run of dominance. How far it goes remains to be seen and I’m not comparing Scottie’s record to Tiger. However, as far as a level of dominance relative to his peers it’s there in my opinion. How long it lasts remains to be seen. This week is a perfect example of how good he is compared to everybody else. You think he really wants to be there, he just won the Masters and his wife is due any day? Hilton Head is a good event, but Scottie wouldn’t be there unless he felt he had to because it’s a signature event. You could tell that by the start he got off to Thursday, but he’s just so good right now compared to the others once he got into it, he flew up the leaderboard. Do I think he’ll reach Tiger’s records, no of course not, too many young guns that keep coming out now. Look at what Aberg is doing in his first season. However, Scottie compared to the rest at this point in time is almost like it was with Tiger in his prime. Again the question is how long it lasts.

At no point in his career was Phil the best player in the world by a mile.

Does Rory McIlroy ever come up big when it matters anymore? What happened to him? And his body language is terrible.

I think what happened at St Andrews 2 summers ago wrecked him mentally.
That and all the Augusta scar tissue. He's still capable of big moments like the FedEx and practically every time he plays in Dubai, but I'm doubting he wins another major at this point. Hope I'm wrong. The other thing is his great run was in the 2010-14 range. There are a lot more great golfers in the game now than there were then, so the competition is more fierce. I mean now you can start a rival league and take away a handful of the best players in the world, and you replace them with guys like Aberg and Hovland.

Meanwhile, it's Scottie's and Nelly's world, and we're just living in it. They've both wrapped up POY in April. We haven't seen heaters like this since 2000s Tiger and Sorenstam, and no one is asking if their heaters are PED induced. And do Nelly and Aberg have the 2 best swings in the game now?

Does Rory McIlroy ever come up big when it matters anymore? What happened to him? And his body language is terrible.
Mental; no doubt. First the PGA/LIV War and his role. Now, the move to go LIV weighing on him. I personally wouldn't blame him.
I hate LIV, format, etc. and won't watch. But the PGA Tour is a total train wreck.

Scheffler wins the Heritage by 3 over Sahith.

Here are his last 5 events (FWIW, in the 5 events preceding the events listed below, Scheffler had 4 top 10s):

3/7 - 3/10Arnold Palmer Invitational pres. by Mastercard
Arnold Palmer's Bay Hill Club & Lodge
170-67-70-66273 (-15)$4,000,000
3/14 - 3/17THE PLAYERS Championship
TPC Sawgrass (THE PLAYERS Stadium Course)
167-69-68-64268 (-20)$4,500,000
3/28 - 3/31Texas Children's Houston Open
Memorial Park Golf Course
T265-70-66-68269 (-11)$553,735
4/11 - 4/14Masters Tournament
Augusta National Golf Club
166-72-71-68277 (-11)$3,600,000
4/18 - 4/22RBC Heritage
Harbour Town Golf Links
169-65-63-68265 (-19)

Also, Scheffler has made 35 straight cuts. Hasn't missed at cut since August 2022.

Here's the PGAT schedule up through the PGA:

• April 25-28 Zurich Classic (team event in New Orleans) - Scheffler not playing
  • May 2-5 Byron Nelson - (in Texas, Scheffler has played in the last three)
  • May 9-12 Wells Fargo - (elevated event - qualified players may skip one)
  • May 16-19 PGA Championship (Valhalla)
Without the birth of his first child issue, would think that Scheffler will play in the Byron Nelson and Wells Fargo, leading up to the PGA.

Without the birth of his first child issue, would think that Scheffler will play in the Byron Nelson and Wells Fargo, leading up to the PGA.
I'm not sure what you mean by this? Of course he'd probably be playing those events if not for the pending birth of his child, but as it stands, I doubt you see him again until Valhalla. No need for him to show up at Wells Fargo after the run he has had, enjoy a little extra time with your new addition.

I think he's saying that Scheffler will play unless there is an issue during childbirth.

This week is the team event at the Zurich.

Alex and Matt Fitzpatrick are teaming up again, and Will Z is playing with Sahith (they will be among the favorites).

My survivor pool gives you the partner for free (and doesn't count as a burned player) so this is always a fun one to try to pick.

Back