• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2024 Presidential Primaries and Election

All the good stuff winds up on Twitter so I'll just go with that.

Here's a theory. Michigan has an open primary. Just like unregistered democrats can show up and vote for Nikki Haley, unregistered republicans can show up and vote for uncommitted.

i feel like republicans dont care enough to do that because trump gonna win anyway

Obama got 300,000+ fewer votes in Michigan in 2012 compared to 2008. "It's not MUCH worse than 2012" doesn't make me feel comfortable, especially when the uncommitted vote total is 5x higher. And Michigan is no longer a safe presidential state for Dems.

So we honestly believe these Muslim protest voters are going to vote for Trump in the general? Or just not vote? Imagine thinking Donald Trump would have a more Muslim friendly stance....

The protest voters are anti-genocide.

"Trump's genocide would be worse!" is not the kind of motivation that drives voters, especially the voters Dems need to win.

from a purely political standpoint, is there any real evidence that some symbolic turning his back on Israel wouldn't hurt him more politically?

Sent from my SM-S711U using Tapatalk

from a purely political standpoint, is there any real evidence that some symbolic turning his back on Israel wouldn't hurt him more politically?

Sent from my SM-S711U using Tapatalk
A majority of Democrats prefer a presidential candidate who does not back U.S. military aid for Israel, according to a new Reuters/Ipsos poll that showed Democratic President Joe Biden tied with Donald Trump ahead of the November presidential election.

The three-day poll, which closed on Wednesday, showed 56% of respondents who identified themselves as Democrats said they were less likely to support a candidate who backs military assistance for Israel, compared to 40% who said they would be more likely to support such a candidate.

Around two-thirds of voters (67%) — including majorities of Democrats (77%), Independents (69%), and Republicans (56%) — support the U.S. calling for a permanent ceasefire and a de-escalation of violence in Gaza. This represents a 6-point increase in support for the U.S. calling for a permanent ceasefire since Data for Progress last polled this question in November, with a 12-point increase among Independents.

1709219542841.png

When it came to U.S. military aid to Israel, more than half (53 percent) of Americans agreed that there should be restrictions on the aid so that it “cannot use that aid toward military operations against Palestinians.” Forty percent of Republicans backed this option, compared with 64 percent of Democrats and 52 percent of independents.

Who would have ever foreseen that American democracy might come to an end because of the centuries old Israeli-Palestinian conflict ?

Back