• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

50 States, 50 Sammiches

Nola has so many good sammiches. Hard to pick one. Can't really say Ive ever been behind the Muffaletta. Would much rather dig on a Crawfish / Soft Shell Crab / Oyster Po Boy.

ain't nothin' wrong with a muffaletta, but I agree that when in NOLA, gotta hit up a po boy spot. I could live off a roast beef po boy with debris gravy.

PBJ disagrees with your statement. Shitty pizza is better than any sandwich out of the wheel of death. That sandwich was edible the day it was made, but sitting in a box for two weeks made it disgusting.

Are these two separate points? PBJ and grilled cheese notwithstanding, at the base level, pizza is pizza. Sandwiches have more variables.

ain't nothin' wrong with a muffaletta, but I agree that when in NOLA, gotta hit up a po boy spot. I could live off a roast beef po boy with debris gravy.

Yeah the NOLA hot roast beef w gravy and mayo is another whole different awesome sport that I also dig better than the Muffa

Are these two separate points? PBJ and grilled cheese notwithstanding, at the base level, pizza is pizza. Sandwiches have more variables.

yes, two separate point just not well communicated. A sandwich does not need to be finessed to be good.

The best pit beef isn't Chap's...that's the place that has the name and you've seen on the shows. Nope, you want to go to Pioneer - a small shack that takes cash only. Convienent off 695 if you're on the west side of the city or driving north/south and willing to go on a bit of a detour. Trust me. I've never had this recommendation fail.

Although the meat in this picture isn't as rare as it should be and tiger sauce & onions is the preferred topping...

PioneerPitBeef.jpg

You know what I got for lunch today...

lol@lake trout over crabcake sandwich for MD

i have mad respect for them picking the roast pork broccoli rabe with prov for PA over the cheesesteak, but they picked a terrible spot for it. gotta go johns or nicks.

False. Paesanos

/endthread

lol at Moonz trying to argue against Tampa being the only place for a Cuban.

I could eat at domileses every day of the week.

Yes, yes, yes. We named our dog after that place. Dollar Dixie beers and a fried oyster/shrimp combo po boy. It is sad that they no longer do the fried wiener po boy, though.

Reading Terminal for lunch today, can't decide whether to go with the list option (Tommy DiNic's for some roast pork), or to Carmen's, Spataro's, or any of the other good options there for cheesesteak.

Back