• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Amazon Prime

I'm still on-board at $99 for sure, but music streaming would be a definite plus, and I'd like to see an Amazon video app added for Android/iPhone.

Doesn't Amazon already have a video app? Or is that just the iPad?

Doesn't Amazon already have a video app? Or is that just the iPad?

Not sure. Maybe they do have one on iDevices and I'm just not aware (my wife has an iPhone...need to download it if so). For Android, you can only get their video on Amazon Kindle devices. There's no app available for standard Android devices.

Right now I use the bejeezus out of my Prime shipping. But I don't fully utilize streaming. Need to get on that. The lending library for Kindle is pretty decent too.

Amazon is raising Prime to $99...AMZN stock running this AM to new high over $380.

Not sure. Maybe they do have one on iDevices and I'm just not aware (my wife has an iPhone...need to download it if so). For Android, you can only get their video on Amazon Kindle devices. There's no app available for standard Android devices.

There is definitely a video app for iphone and ipad. You can't rent/purchase videos through the app, but you can stream them.

They have an app for iphone/ipad but you have to be connected to a WiFi to stream so you can't use it on the go.

+1

Still more than happy to pay that price.

Agree completely. I placed 78 orders in 2013 through Amazon. Clearly made up the difference in shipping. Don't use the video at all since Netflix and HBO Go have it covered usually. They'll need to break into their own series like House of Cards before getting the masses to use it as a main viewing platform. They do have an app for iOS devices though that works pretty well.

Agree completely. I placed 78 orders in 2013 through Amazon. Clearly made up the difference in shipping. Don't use the video at all since Netflix and HBO Go have it covered usually. They'll need to break into their own series like House of Cards before getting the masses to use it as a main viewing platform. They do have an app for iOS devices though that works pretty well.

Yeah, I just checked and I made 81 orders in 2013. 15 so far this year. It is just so damn easy.

I am low at only 51 orders last year and 9 this year but no doubt made our money's worth. Need to stream more

Amazon has original series. This is their second season of doing it. They actually release their pilots and have subscribers choose which go to series. None of them have hit it big like House of Cards, though.

I was only at 35 orders in 2013, but I split the cost with my mom and MIL.

Yeah, I just checked and I made 81 orders in 2013. 15 so far this year. It is just so damn easy.

I am low at only 51 orders last year and 9 this year but no doubt made our money's worth. Need to stream more

this is what i don't get. what types of things are you getting off amazon so much cheaper that make a $100 subscription worth it, instead of just going to the store? I think I made 10 online purchases last year, all for Christmas, and 2 of those were things amazon doesn't carry.

I am interested in taking advantage of amazon, but right now can't figure out how to order that much online.

Oh man, is this another one of those "I don't see how someone could eat more than $50 worth of food every month" things?

this is what i don't get. what types of things are you getting off amazon so much cheaper that make a $100 subscription worth it, instead of just going to the store? I think I made 10 online purchases last year, all for Christmas, and 2 of those were things amazon doesn't carry.

I am interested in taking advantage of amazon, but right now can't figure out how to order that much online.

I don't know...but I buy a lot of stuff. I think a lot of the uptick has to do with baby stuff, but I used it before too.

Also, for me it's really tough to get to the store during the week between commuting, working, and childcare. So if I think of something on Monday or Tuesday that I need (or want) before the weekend, it's easiest for me to just order it Prime and it arrives 1-2 days later.

Just today I had to order some diaper wipes, and they were cheaper on Amazon than on Diapers.com (and probably cheaper than Babies R Us or Target in person), so I just went ahead and bought them. Same with a toy/walker thing I wanted to get for the Bug. Did a lot of Christmas shopping on Amazon just cause it was so much quicker and easier than going to a bunch of stores.

Oh man, is this another one of those "I don't see how someone could eat more than $50 worth of food every month" things?

Somebody actually said that?

It's just easy as hell to order something off Amazon, free shipping that is there in 2-3 days. Any small thing you can think of. Certainly helps that I am in a large city where getting around for errands can be a major pain the ass.

Back