• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Bachelorette

So, I started asking around the office to see if anyone had heard of the Fantasy Suite lawyer. Apparently, one of the other attorneys in the office was at a baby shower a couple of months ago and was making small talk with this guy's mom (whom she didn't previously know). She seemed very pleasant and nice and mentioned that her son had just recently graduated from law school. My colleague then asked where he was working, and his mother said that he hadn't found a job yet, and had decided to go on The Bachelorette. She told him that she thought that wasn't a good idea and that he needed to concentrate on finding a job instead. My friend then asked if he made it a long way on the show, and his mom said that he was actually back home pretty quickly.

"Well," my friend said, "at least he wasn't there long enough to embarrass himself."
:golfclap:

The only show more ridiculous than this one (and The Bachelor) is Pimping For Gold Diggers / Millionaire Matchmaker.

RJ - Agree

Now, back to the topic. Good work DeacLaw...that's hysterical. The only thing he did was embarrass himself....well done sir.

I feel like we're overlooking the guy whose introduction was: "Here's my mom's 7 year sober AA chip. You can give it back to her when you visit my hometown."

I feel like we're overlooking the guy whose introduction was: "Here's my mom's 7 year sober AA chip. You can give it back to her when you visit my hometown."

I was flipping back and forth, definitely missed that guy. Wow. Using your mother’s sobriety as a gimmick is almost as low as using your young child as a gimmick.

I was flipping back and forth, definitely missed that guy. Wow. Using your mother’s sobriety as a gimmick is almost as low as using your young child as a gimmick.

yeah, I wasn't a fan of that. If it had just been a penny, like "here's my lucky penny, here's why"... that's cool. Sober chip? Not as cool. I hope she gives it back if she sends him home.... yeesh.

I think my frontrunner so far is either montana guy or shoe-tie guy. They seemed most natural/least absolutely ridiculous.

So...fantasy suite guy? Yeah, he used to be my intern. Didn't watch the show but am now hearing all about it.

what did "fantasy suite guy" do, so i can give my lady shit about her hs friend...

here's the gchat convo from when she told me about it. nothing too crazy:

Her
dude
i guy from hky that i went ot HS with is going to be on the bacherlette
Me
lolz
sorry bish
whats his name?
Her
jonathan volanger
also
holy hell
Me
lol
Her
i wish is were the bachelor
but its a stepping stone right?
Me
maybe
was he your year?
Her
yea
he was such a dork
i mean funny
but defs a dork
not smart dork
but we were kind of friends
haven't talked since HS obv
did you find him?
all my pages are blocked haha
Me
no i didnt look
Her
truee
Me
you makeout w/ him?
Her
i was just wondering what he looks like these days
helsss no
he was very small
Me
DUMMY
Her
hahaha
shut it
Me
he's 6'1 now apparently
Three Best Attributes: Height, shoe size, vertical leap
Her
bulllshit 6 1
dfes like 5 9 max
Me
lolz
maybe he grew
Her
in hs he was like 5 6
tureee
Me
hahaha
Her
he was a cross country guy
Me
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-uorvABkNe...AAABg/PzTNsW3R8tQ/s1600/JonathanVollinger.jpg

Her
hahaha
i was expecting more gel in the hair to be honest
Me
lolz
bigger pic
http://sophienettejc.thedeadone.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/820x421-1-300x247.jpg

Her
blocked
these fuckers
Me
apparently he went to the U for law school
Her
reallyyy?
he went to nc state for undergrad i think

So...fantasy suite guy? Yeah, he used to be my intern. Didn't watch the show but am now hearing all about it.

oh? was he a humongous tool on a day-to-day basis as well?

*ETA: I don't intend for this to read 'as well as you' - i mean it to say 'in addition to the way he was a humongous tool on the show'

oh? was he a humongous tool on a day-to-day basis as well?

*ETA: I don't intend for this to read 'as well as you' - i mean it to say 'in addition to the way he was a humongous tool on the show'

I didn't see the show but I definitely didn't expect him to come off as extreme as he did. I talked with one of the agents he did work for a couple days back and we knew he had absolutely no chance but didn't expect him to flame out like this.

Go read his application to get on the show. http://beta.abc.go.com/shows/the-bachelorette/bios/9-bachelor-jonathan

He included references to both Marissa Miller and Gizelle.

While an intern, he was definitely overzealous as well but when you're an intern doing all the shitty work, then we're more than happy to indulge you.

what did "fantasy suite guy" do, so i can give my lady shit about her hs friend...

It wasn’t terrible by itself, but the girl hated it and he kept trying to make his gimmick work. He made a fake fantasy card like they use for the overnight dates, asking if she wanted to forgo separate rooms and stay together, and gave it to her during the introduction. She was clearly insulted, taking it as an implication that she would go back to his “fantasy suite” on a first date. He decided that maybe she just missed how awesome it was, so he tried to set up a fake fantasy suite to take her to, and she refused to go with him and insisted they sit and talk elsewhere. Later he tried again to lead her to his fantasy suite, and she got pissed and kicked him off the show.

So he came off like a total creeper, but he may just be clueless.

his answers to questions don't even make any sense. first he lists deal breakers, then says he doesn't have any deal breakers. what?!

the latest word from the hky high grads is that he got paid/dared to do the fantasy suite and maybe the whole thing. sounds like ass-covering to me.

some of those guys' handwriting on their application excerpts is LOL bad.
if your handwriting sucks, go all-caps. 100 times better than writing illegibly or writing like a 13yr old girl.

Haha:

Describe your top three favorite/least favorite things to do on a date.
Favorite: 1) Adventure 2) Laugh 3) Make out
Least Favorite: 1) Completely blow it 2) Family dinner 3) Get slapped

Also, a friend of phan's girl interned for Nonny?

the funnier part of that is that she's like 3 years older than nonny. nonny had an intern that was 3 years his senior? DEETZ truck plz.

the funnier part of that is that she's like 3 years older than nonny. nonny had an intern that was 3 years his senior? DEETZ truck plz.
While with the sports agency, I was in charge of baseball recruiting and also ran the internship program as the primary duties of the interns were to assist our baseball division. Made sense. About a third of our applicants were from law students and I believe he was a first year law student at the time.

Most of my interns were either around my age or a few years older, though I did have one 30-something who already had his law degree but was returning to school for a Sports Management Masters.

Back