• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Basham, Surratt, Hartman and Kern return

Whatever Hartman pulled a few games out of his butt where he had to come in cold. Hartman is not as dynamic of a runner but he showed he knew when to run and I think made the RPO less obvious.

Of the times to worry about our QB leaving this is not really at the top of the list.

Typical, lies and lies and can't admit it.

My bad, after all these years, I should know exactly who OGB is and that he'll lie about anything and anyone.

The proof is in the pudding, you pro-Wellman stooge.

w2fi7i6.png

qIa79vT.png

Just because OGG sees me in his dreams and has a shrine to me doesn't make it so.

Just because there are some pics somewhere with me drinking with Prince at Carlos & Charlie's doesn't mean I'm dead.

I seem to be in the minority here, but I'm pretty irritated that he is leaving. None of these programs were willing to give him a chance, but now he wants to jump ship. And why is that going to Oregon will substantially help his pro prospects?

I think it’s simply he will take less hits and be in a system where he can drop back and throw more traditionally.

I suspect wherever he lands, the coaches will use him a lot like he was at Wake.

They certainly will if they want to maximize his value which is heavily dependent on his abilities as a power runner.

Well, look on the bright side. This drama has taken everyone's mind away from the fact we're in the middle of basketball season.

Completely agree. Also apparent having potentially the best WRs I can remember WF having all at once made Jamie look really good. I guess we will never know how much his injury caused the poor 2nd half vs. loss of Surratt and Washington were the bigger contributors as he had a lot of deep balls that they just went up and grabbed out of the air. Somewhat telling to me that he struggled vs. Syracuse while Hartman came in and Donovan went for 170 yards as Jamie couldn't seem to connect with other WRs outside of Hinton once Surratt and Washington went down. Jamie 6 of 13 for 71 yards and 21 yards rushing while Hartman was 25-42 for 350 yards and 44 yards rushing, so no doubt Hartman was playing better in that game.

Also agree he should have made known he was exploring a transfer before bowl game for sake of integrity and letting Clawson and team decide how to move forward from there. Also not sure if just a college kid being a kid or an underhanded swipe @ WF but his choice of words after bowl game was not the best. To say he was going to make a "very smart" decision could be seen as taking a swipe at WF for moving onto a better school vs. saying "making the best decision for myself" or any other way to say it so not appearing to make it appear as if leaving WF was the smart move.

I do find it interesting that OU is losing 4 starting OL and 2 back-ups, so he might be running more than he realizes when he gets to OU and a tougher situation that coming back to WF. Also losing their top WR who is a big body like Surratt/Washington.

Even more importantly the Duck's back-up qb was the #1 rated player out of Arizona and no 6 pro-style qb coming out of HS. He was 12-15 for 144 yds this past season so I would say there is no certainty Mr Newman is starting when he steps onto the campus in Eugene. Should be interesting to see how it plays out but I for one am excited for Hartman and seeing what he can do now that he has some great experience and will get a chance to come in and lead the team. Also think Kearns could make some noise in the spring and more than a capable backup if needed.

I didn’t really think about it, but Jamie not announcing he was transferring before the bowl game is a little bit selfish. Not only he would’ve been off not playing, but Sam Hartman would have gained GREAT experience had he played. Really kind of a jerk thing to do. If you plan on transferring, be open. If you still want to be a part of the team for the trip fine, but he didn’t have to play. He could have sat by. He even could have been an option if Sam went down. What ended up happening was Sam didn’t get barely any experience, and Jamie looked like shit.

Yep, Jamie was so selfish that he allowed himself get the shit kicked out of him while he tried to win the game. Saying he was selfish not saying anything (if he had decided before his beating) is bizarre and inane.

I seem to be in the minority here, but I'm pretty irritated that he is leaving. None of these programs were willing to give him a chance, but now he wants to jump ship. And why is that going to Oregon will substantially help his pro prospects?

If Oregon is the destination, he will have an offensive line with at least two NFL ready guys in front of him. One was rated the best JuCo tackle a year ago. Now All Pac 12. Other tackle will be true Jr. Next season. Number one graded tackle in Pac12 this year as a Soph. Allowed one sack all season. Those are two big (300+ lb.) reasons.

There will be multiple big and small wide receivers to throw to.

Oregon will be in the conversation for National title next season. If he is the starter there and the team does well, he will be in Heisman conversation earlier rather than later. He will have competition at QB, as Oregon has a 4* RS freshman waiting to replace Herbert.

Yep, Jamie was so selfish that he allowed himself get the shit kicked out of him while he tried to win the game. Saying he was selfish not saying anything (if he had decided before his beating) is bizarre and inane.

If he decided he didn’t want to get the shit kicked out of him at our school anymore, then let the other guy get the shit kicked out of him because it’s going to happen to him next year. I didn’t say Jamie is a coward, a pussy, or weak. He’s none of those. But if he knew he wasn’t going to be playing at Wake Forest, and didn’t let the staff know beforehand, I don’t think that’s unselfish.

That’s all depending on if he knew he was transferring. Maybe he didn’t know. He said he was going to have a conversation with his family about the situation. Apparently the dad wanted him to go pro. So he may still not have known before the bowl game.

No matter how wasted I've gotten, I've never been that much out of focus.

Lol at anyone that doesn't think Jamie already has his destination lined up

Last edited:
If he decided he didn’t want to get the shit kicked out of him at our school anymore, then let the other guy get the shit kicked out of him because it’s going to happen to him next year. I didn’t say Jamie is a coward, a pussy, or weak. He’s none of those. But if he knew he wasn’t going to be playing at Wake Forest, and didn’t let the staff know beforehand, I don’t think that’s unselfish.

That’s all depending on if he knew he was transferring. Maybe he didn’t know. He said he was going to have a conversation with his family about the situation. Apparently the dad wanted him to go pro. So he may still not have known before the bowl game.

That’s a lot of baggage to carry into a bowl game.

- dad wants me to go pro
- I’m considering that, and also transferring or even staying
- my o line is makeshift with Gilliam out
- I injured my shoulder and only feel about 85% healthy, some days it just hurts
- Surratt and Washington are out
- we have lost 3 of 4 games headed into the bowl
- Michigan State sucks, but their front seven is good and I don’t want to get smacked by them while injured
- crazy ass Hartman has looked good, and healthy, in practice
- if I play really well, I am going pro...no pressure

Alex Bachman signed futures contract with NY Giants.

I hadn't heard until today that Jamie blamed his ineffectiveness in the Virginia Tech game on his receivers. Not a good look for him.

Back