• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k16- SJM, Washington, Childress & Mitchell sign NLIs; 2017?

In addition to sucking that he's missing his senior season... it sucks that he decided to transfer away from all of his friends in Winston and now can't even play at Oak Hill.

I'll be honest, I never really believed any of the "insider" "scoops" that were posted on these boards. I can't even come to this thread and find any real news without having to scan through 4-5 pages of bullshit first. So I don't believe anything is a foregone conclusion with his announcement tomorrow. My insight today is that he thanked all of the schools he visited after his official visits... but never said anything about Duke.

In addition to sucking that he's missing his senior season... it sucks that he decided to transfer away from all of his friends in Winston and now can't even play at Oak Hill.

I'll be honest, I never really believed any of the "insider" "scoops" that were posted on these boards. I can't even come to this thread and find any real news without having to scan through 4-5 pages of bullshit first. So I don't believe anything is a foregone conclusion with his announcement tomorrow. My insight today is that he thanked all of the schools he visited after his official visits... but never said anything about Duke.

duh dont you even watch the bachelor, you only thank the people you send home. don't need to thank someone who gets a rose.

Whatever he decides, I wish him the best and hope he is able to come back from his knee injury

Would have been huge for Danny if we got this kid. Let's give DM some credit here for staying in this thing and giving us a chance. I have to think ultimately Harry listened to his Dad.

Harry Giles Sr. was clearly pushing a winning program. I bet that "soft verbal" was Harry speaking from the heart but his pops pushed him to Duke in the end.

The Danny Manning hire hasn't gotten us a ton of top tier recruits, but I feel really good about the future. I think it was Dennis Smith that said he only was considering Wake because of Danny. I bet we hear a lot of that in the future. Regardless of what happens tomorrow, let's keep our heads up.

Remember, Skip would not have landed CP3 if UNC's coach wasn't a moron. We are a small school going up programs with multiple championships in the past 10 years. We aren't going to be able to keep all of the Winston-Salem talent at home.

I heard from a poster on this board who has nothing to do with my source. I don't have to believe him and I didn't at first, but I do think he's telling the truth now.

It can't be repeated because it violates privacy laws and someone's job could be jeopardized if it were shared publicly. The person who shared with me would have to make the decision to spill it.

What privacy laws?

Would have been huge for Danny if we got this kid. Let's give DM some credit here for staying in this thing and giving us a chance. I have to think ultimately Harry listened to his Dad.

Harry Giles Sr. was clearly pushing a winning program. I bet that "soft verbal" was Harry speaking from the heart but his pops pushed him to Duke in the end.

The Danny Manning hire hasn't gotten us a ton of top tier recruits, but I feel really good about the future. I think it was Dennis Smith that said he only was considering Wake because of Danny. I bet we hear a lot of that in the future. Regardless of what happens tomorrow, let's keep our heads up.

Remember, Skip would not have landed CP3 if UNC's coach wasn't a moron. We are a small school going up programs with multiple championships in the past 10 years. We aren't going to be able to keep all of the Winston-Salem talent at home.

Mad-Men-Don-Money.gif

Makes perfect sense that an injured player would want to go ahead and sign an NLI before going under the knife.

I have a huge issue with the transfer to OHA. My opinion is that he took some bad advice from some people who cared more about getting him "exposure" (read: bringing attention to themselves & a basketball program) and getting him away from the Childress family & Danny Manning.

There was no need to transfer to Oak Hill, and I say this as a person who is genuinely concerned about a kid who has done everything to build a future as an NBA star and is facing months of rehab and possible loss of draft position. He was the #1 prospect and his status was not going to change. OHA plays a very intense schedule and I was told that their practices are grueling. There is no real S&C program there, so it's not like he was building a ton of muscle to support his tall frame. He was advised by many close to him that he should stay at WCA and enjoy his senior year as the rest of his life is going to be spent on the business of basketball. My son's coach was very worried about this transfer. He knows Greg McClinton and watched the same thing happen to him his senior year (although GM wasn't the #1 prospect, he had already committed to Wake when he decided to transfer to Hargrave). A 17 year old high school star, playing away from home, and playing for a coach who allows distractions and outside influences is a recipe for potential disaster.

I hope he comes home to have surgery and rehab and enjoys being a 17 year old kid for a while. He's a nice kid. I don't see him fitting in with the typical dook douchebags at all.

Harry Giles Sr.
was clearly pushing a winning program. I bet that "soft verbal" was Harry speaking from the heart but his pops pushed him to Duke in the end.

Isn't Harry the 3rd? You telling me his Grandpa is calling the shots?

I have a huge issue with the transfer to OHA. My opinion is that he took some bad advice from some people who cared more about getting him "exposure" (read: bringing attention to themselves & a basketball program) and getting him away from the Childress family & Danny Manning.

There was no need to transfer to Oak Hill, and I say this as a person who is genuinely concerned about a kid who has done everything to build a future as an NBA star and is facing months of rehab and possible loss of draft position. He was the #1 prospect and his status was not going to change. OHA plays a very intense schedule and I was told that their practices are grueling. There is no real S&C program there, so it's not like he was building a ton of muscle to support his tall frame. He was advised by many close to him that he should stay at WCA and enjoy his senior year as the rest of his life is going to be spent on the business of basketball. My son's coach was very worried about this transfer. He knows Greg McClinton and watched the same thing happen to him his senior year (although GM wasn't the #1 prospect, he had already committed to Wake when he decided to transfer to Hargrave). A 17 year old high school star, playing away from home, and playing for a coach who allows distractions and outside influences is a recipe for potential disaster.

I hope he comes home to have surgery and rehab and enjoys being a 17 year old kid for a while. He's a nice kid. I don't see him fitting in with the typical dook douchebags at all.

I just finished reading the last 65ish pages and my eyes are bleeding. I can't wait to get shouted down but I didn't read anything in there that says it's impossible. If I wasn't delusional, I never would've become a Wake fan in the first place. #vibesuntilprovenotherwise

So I take it the #scoop is that Giles is getting surgery and rehab at Duke and that pretty much seals that he will attend there.

Back