• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BC @ WFU – Sat 10/22 – 3:30 ACCN

Hahah… Clawson basically just called the sideline reporter dumb when she asked what do you have to clean up offensively

Hahah… Clawson basically just called the sideline reporter dumb when she asked what do you have to clean up offensively

To be fair, 43 points is only a slightly above average game this season.

That was such a bad question. He even bailed her out "Defensively?"

Oh it was horrible. Don’t ask a winning coach about how bad one of his units was. That was applying game thread logic to a post-game question. Yes, the offense wasn’t clicking. But it was still a 43-15 win.

I know the 2006 team won the ACC and went to the Orange Bowl but putting end results aside from the season, is this Wake's best team ever? I'm inclined to say yes, but I know that's probably got some controversy given results oriented focus.

We are a top 10 team. We blow teams out and we play teams close.

Take nothing else from your bandwagon fans

Went back and looked at my prediction with my friend:

PREDICTION:

16 for 26, 397 yds, 4 TD, 1 INT
5 rushes, 46 yds, 1 TD

ACTUAL:

25 for 40, 313 yds, 5 TD, 1 INT
6 rushes, 7 yds, 1 TD

I was pretty close. Thought he'd do better against BC's pass defense and build the score quicker with fewer passes and that he'd do better rushing. Did he have a lot of negative yardage rushing? Didn't he have like a 20 yd rush late in the game?

Oh it was horrible. Don’t ask a winning coach about how bad one of his units was. That was applying game thread logic to a post-game question. Yes, the offense wasn’t clicking. But it was still a 43-15 win.
And even if you think there were issues on defense, we allowed 15 points (one TD after a super fluky turnover/fourth down stop) and we've allowed 15.3 points a game since the Clemson loss.

Our run blocking in this game has really sucked. Nice to win, but seriously you can't expect to win the rest of the season if you can't run. I've said it many times, the slow mesh trickery is the only reason we can run at all.
Is this a troll post?

I know the 2006 team won the ACC and went to the Orange Bowl but putting end results aside from the season, is this Wake's best team ever? I'm inclined to say yes, but I know that's probably got some controversy given results oriented focus.
This team is incredibly good. Hard to imagine another wake team beating this team.

I’d love to see this team vs. the 2006 team. This team would win but it would be a good matchup especially this team’s WR vs. the 2006 secondary.

I'll pull the overall numbers once we get the weekly update tomorrow/Monday in metrics, but I do think this is gonna be the highest rated team. IIRC the 2007 and 2008 team both had higher high points overall metrics wise than 2006. I think this team is above all of them.

We had 6 different receivers catch a 15+yd pass today. Our receiver depth and talent just sets us apart from our opponents. Opposing defenses can’t focus on any particular receiver.

I love that 2006 team because I know those guys and love them, but this team wins by a good amount. They’d intercept Sam a few times though.

I’d love to see this team vs. the 2006 team. This team would win but it would be a good matchup especially this team’s WR vs. the 2006 secondary.

I think the 2006 team would give Hartman more fits over the middle with Curry and Abatte at the LBs but all-in-all, I'd say 35-21 win against the 2006 team.

Back