• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BC @ WFU – Sat 10/22 – 3:30 ACCN

Takeaways from the game:

1) Was rattled by the PA guy
2) Student showing was strong(ish)? Stack them in sec. 20 and 19 and it's full, across four sections it looked eh.
2.5) I fully expect the holes game to be a completely different animal and BC brought ~75 fans, but I was disappointed by how few people showed up to see the #13 team in the country.
3) We're a top 10 team.
4) Turd Ferguson is a fun dude

Wtf student section was strong? That was the worst turnout I've seen in 2 years.

We’ve come long way from 3-0

809060379f3b0128c80b0bae5442b46e.jpg

The student pastel patrol contingent wasn’t used to the nice autumn temperatures yet.

Last year we won 11. Are we better this year? Time will tell.

Takeaways from the game:

2) Student showing was strong(ish)? Stack them in sec. 20 and 19 and it's full, across four sections it looked eh.
2.5) I fully expect the holes game to be a completely different animal and BC brought ~75 fans, but I was disappointed by how few people showed up to see the #13 team in the country.
3) We're a top 10 team.
What do you mean on 1? New PA guy?

Takeaways from the game:

3) We're a top 10 team.
Looking forward to future tailgates. Good time for those who were there. Not sure we were as sharp as we could be but a four score win. We'll take it.

It wasn't the normal guy. Granted it was my first game of the year, but I was thrown by the voice.

New guy today did very well I thought. Not sure if Jeffrey is not feeling well or if something happened and he was replaced.

I know the 2006 team won the ACC and went to the Orange Bowl but putting end results aside from the season, is this Wake's best team ever? I'm inclined to say yes, but I know that's probably got some controversy given results oriented focus.
Talent wise? I think that’s clear on Offense, but not convinced of that for the Defense. But overall, yeah, I think this Wake team would beat any other Wake team we’ve had. We are legit.

2022 would beat 2006

2006 so many games were nailbiters

2022 we had an off game and smoked BC by 28

Immediately noticed the PA announcer was not Jeffrey. Today’s guy was fine if you haven’t heard Jeffrey before, but not the same. Jarring because this was the first game (football or basketball) since I came to Wake in 2003 where I haven’t heard his voice.

And I hate to talk about the crowd, I’m usually not that guy… but it was disappointing today. I hustled the family out the door after kids soccer games this morning up from Charlotte thinking this would be like Clemson, where there was a traffic backup on Akron Drive off 52, took time to get to the stadium, and I almost couldn’t find a spot in the blue lot arriving 1.5 hours before the game.

But today…breezed right in. Lots of space in the blue lot. Student section was way less than it has been all season. The rest of the stadium was noticeably less busy as well. I don’t understand it. If you created the perfect football conditions in a lab, it would have been today. The weather was perfect, the game time was favorable…where was everyone?

Back