• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BC @ WFU – Sat 10/22 – 3:30 ACCN

2022 would beat 2006

2006 so many games were nailbiters

2022 we had an off game and smoked BC by 28
I mean, 2006 was the season of my life. Due to attendance at games and traveling to games and Jacksonville and Miami, really hard to believe we'll ever eclipse the excitement and experience from that season. But we squeezed a bunch of lucky horseshoes up our ass that year. It almost wasn't even a season with that Duke game (*sign of cross to Chip Vaughn)

There's not much comparison to this team tho. We are confident we'll put up 30 - 40 against you... can you do that to us? Probably not. Just totally different vibe. And this team is so much better as a complete unit than 2006.

Yeah even compared to last year when I felt like “man I hope teams lose so we move up” this year I’m feeling more confident that it is what it is and our ranking is deserved so it will come regardless.

Immediately noticed the PA announcer was not Jeffrey. Today’s guy was fine if you haven’t heard Jeffrey before, but not the same. Jarring because this was the first game (football or basketball) since I came to Wake in 2003 where I haven’t heard his voice.

And I hate to talk about the crowd, I’m usually not that guy… but it was disappointing today. I hustled the family out the door after kids soccer games this morning up from Charlotte thinking this would be like Clemson, where there was a traffic backup on Akron Drive off 52, took time to get to the stadium, and I almost couldn’t find a spot in the blue lot arriving 1.5 hours before the game.

But today…breezed right in. Lots of space in the blue lot. Student section was way less than it has been all season. The rest of the stadium was noticeably less busy as well. I don’t understand it. If you created the perfect football conditions in a lab, it would have been today. The weather was perfect, the game time was favorable…where was everyone?
Here’s a positive spin on this (perhaps) - is it possible that the crowd was wanting because our crowd so far this year has been 70/30 or 80/20 alums, students, life long fans, etc. to some local ‘new’ fans that have come out to watch a really good football team?

Immediately noticed the PA announcer was not Jeffrey. Today’s guy was fine if you haven’t heard Jeffrey before, but not the same. Jarring because this was the first game (football or basketball) since I came to Wake in 2003 where I haven’t heard his voice.

And I hate to talk about the crowd, I’m usually not that guy… but it was disappointing today. I hustled the family out the door after kids soccer games this morning up from Charlotte thinking this would be like Clemson, where there was a traffic backup on Akron Drive off 52, took time to get to the stadium, and I almost couldn’t find a spot in the blue lot arriving 1.5 hours before the game.

But today…breezed right in. Lots of space in the blue lot. Student section was way less than it has been all season. The rest of the stadium was noticeably less busy as well. I don’t understand it. If you created the perfect football conditions in a lab, it would have been today. The weather was perfect, the game time was favorable…where was everyone?
I was embarrassed by our lack of a crowd today. The crowds up until today had been great, but our top 15 football team deserves a lot better than what showed today. Our fans better show against UNC, we know there will be too much blue anyway.

I was embarrassed by our lack of a crowd today. The crowds up until today had been great, but our top 15 football team deserves a lot better than what showed today. Our fans better show against UNC, we know there will be too much blue anyway.

This crowd was normal for Wake football against a lackluster opponent - not any different than the Liberty or VMI games - we just happened to get Clemson at home and then parents weekend back to back which skewed our attendance. Attendance and energy will be much better for UNC and Syracuse.

Home from the game and after reading through the game thread it must have been a different experience being there vs. watching on TV. It never once seemed like BC could come close to beating us. We were in control from the beginning. There first TD was a fluke due to the double fumble play. But even at 14-9, it was clear that we were a much better team and would win easily.

The double fumble is such a dumb rule. There should be no full change in possession until the play is over. A just rule would’ve resulted in a turnover on downs.

I would bet almost all smaller private football schools have this same attendance problem - we just don’t have the regional fandom and large alumni base to support great attendance. It was a perfect day for football, but you still need to be interested in Wake Forest University to go to the game.

what was the deal with all the purple in the student section

it was more than just the frat crowd

The double fumble is such a dumb rule. There should be no full change in possession until the play is over. A just rule would’ve resulted in a turnover on downs.

Eh, I disagree with that. Once a team recovers the ball and moves with it, that’s a possession. Otherwise, you’d have to change the rules around establishing possession in all other aspects of the game.

Stat on the ESPN Bottom Line says this is Hartman’s 17th game with 300 yds, 1 shy of tying ACC record.

Clawson calling out the media and calling bullshit in tonight's presser regarding Hartman and our team's age.

"...after our 15 year starters graduate.... we'll come crashing back down to earth." He is pissed about something.

Absolutely LOVE IT!!! Clawson knows when to pick his battles.

This crowd was normal for Wake football against a lackluster opponent - not any different than the Liberty or VMI games - we just happened to get Clemson at home and then parents weekend back to back which skewed our attendance. Attendance and energy will be much better for UNC and Syracuse.
The crowd stunk today. The student section was barely half of what’s it’s been being and 90 percent didn’t even bother to come back after halftime.

Clawson calling out the media and calling bullshit in tonight's presser regarding Hartman and our team's age.

"...after our 15 year starters graduate.... we'll come crashing back down to earth." He is pissed about something.

Absolutely LOVE IT!!! Clawson knows when to pick his battles.

Build the statue now

Can you buy that sweatshirt Clawson was wearing today?

Finally back on the couch after being at the game. Not many thoughts. We looked sloppy but still won by 28. 3rd quarter was very slow. Enough with the pooch kicks! Recruit a guy who can kick it through the endzone every time. I don’t care if he can do anything else. Our run game looked lackluster again until the end. Banks is great.
Go Deacs!

Back