• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BC @ WFU – Sat 10/22 – 3:30 ACCN

The crowd v. Liberty was better than today. Today was marginally better than VMI (student section was packed because it was the first game, and more of them stayed for that game than today.)

The announcer did a good job, however his cadence was off when calling for the first down wake [forest]

Overall, I think this is one of our most impressive wins. Because we played so poorly yet completely dominated.

It was just a weird game full of flukes all over the place.

The game experience was just weird all around. I only got there about 2 hours before kick and had my pick of parking spots in my lot. Very different from the last 2 games. No energy at all from the crowd at any point. It’s weird to expect to win and everyone is just going through the motions.

I mean, 2006 was the season of my life. Due to attendance at games and traveling to games and Jacksonville and Miami, really hard to believe we'll ever eclipse the excitement and experience from that season. But we squeezed a bunch of lucky horseshoes up our ass that year. It almost wasn't even a season with that Duke game (*sign of cross to Chip Vaughn)

There's not much comparison to this team tho. We are confident we'll put up 30 - 40 against you... can you do that to us? Probably not. Just totally different vibe. And this team is so much better as a complete unit than 2006.
The 2006 defense had a bunch of studs that would start this year. At least 6, maybe 7.

Kicking game was better too, with Swank. And the D plus Swank is why games were lower scoring and nailbiters.

The big difference is 3 things: Lobo really was that bad.

As much as I love Moore, Idelette and Morton, we have NFL look-alikes at wide out right now. Big and fast and we had no business losing that Clemson game with these wideouts.

And third, Clawson goes for it on 4th down plays to win, plays fast like Andre Agassi here I come, try and stop me, period.

I don’t know who on the 2006 offense starts in 2022

Combine 06 D and 22 O and we win the title

Problem is the schemes. I absolutely do not believe the talent in 06 on D was better than Smenda or Jasheen or Rondell or Mustapha, etc...

Think some are forgetting how sick that defense unit was. They gave up only 3.1 YPC and <220 yards passing a game and 15.4 ppg. They would absolutely give our offense problems.

6 of the starters were drafted into the NFL no lower than the 5th round, not including Jyles Tucker who played for 4 seasons.

Think some are forgetting how sick that defense unit was. They gave up only 3.1 YPC and <220 yards passing a game and 15.4 ppg. They would absolutely give our offense problems.

6 of the starters were drafted into the NFL no lower than the 5th round, not including Jyles Tucker who played for 4 seasons.
And even the non-NFL guys would be beasts on this team. Zach Stukes, Bryan Andrews, Pierre, Chip (did he get any NFL time?) Josh Gattis.

Vaughn and Gattis got NFL time.

I’d love to see James Adams answer these questions.

Problem is the schemes. I absolutely do not believe the talent in 06 on D was better than Smenda or Jasheen or Rondell or Mustapha, etc
I absolutely do. No one other than a couple DL (Bothroyd and Turner in particular) would start. The talent level at LB and DB was much better in ‘06.

It’s a crazy thing to post, but the ‘22 offense and the ‘06 defense would legitimately be the best team in the country this year.

Good effort by the Deacons this afternoon. The defense played well and the offense scored 43 points. The result was a 1-0 week.

Six P5 teams remain undefeated. Eleven P5 teams have one loss. Five G5 teams have one loss. On the basis of results, a case could be made for Wake as the #8 team in the nation behind the unbeatens and Alabama. That won't happen but the Demon Deacons deserve to move up in the rankings tomorrow.

Just keep going 1-0 each week.

Eh, I disagree with that. Once a team recovers the ball and moves with it, that’s a possession. Otherwise, you’d have to change the rules around establishing possession in all other aspects of the game.
Yep, otherwise if you recover a fumble with no concern of fumbling it back, you'd see a bunch of Stanford/Cal laterals before being tackled.

Used to be that you couldn’t advance a fumble in college football and that situation didn’t exist, but I like the opportunity to advance it, just got to make sure you hang onto the ball.

I absolutely do. No one other than a couple DL (Bothroyd and Turner in particular) would start. The talent level at LB and DB was much better in ‘06.

It’s a crazy thing to post, but the ‘22 offense and the ‘06 defense would legitimately be the best team in the country this year.
Yeah, with the clarity of a night's rest and a strong liver's work I realize my take was pretty garbage.

Used to be that you couldn’t advance a fumble in college football and that situation didn’t exist, but I like the opportunity to advance it, just got to make sure you hang onto the ball.

When was this the rule? I know until like the early 1990s the defense couldn’t advance fumbles that occurred behind the line of scrimmage but my understanding was you could always advance a fumble that occurred beyond the line.

Back