• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BC @ WFU – Sat 10/22 – 3:30 ACCN

Pretty safe bet given that Flowers and Downs are probably the best two receivers in the ACC (especially if we exclude any Wake players - probably even if we leave Perry in the discussion).

Would love to see Greene (assuming healthy) start to create more separation. Seems like he used to always have a couple steps on his man down the field, but haven't seen as much of that this year. Still a couple great contested TD catches against Clemson and FSU, but always thought he had the speed/athleticism to be a burner. The injury last year could have changed that I guess, though.

Would love to see Greene (assuming healthy) start to create more separation. Seems like he used to always have a couple steps on his man down the field, but haven't seen as much of that this year. Still a couple great contested TD catches against Clemson and FSU, but always thought he had the speed/athleticism to be a burner. The injury last year could have changed that I guess, though.
That type of explosion takes more time to recover, I think. Probably a next year thing.

Pretty safe bet given that Flowers and Downs are probably the best two receivers in the ACC (especially if we exclude any Wake players - probably even if we leave Perry in the discussion).
I'm hoping our advantage over BC and UNC is that while they each have a standout receiver that opposing defenses have to really focus on, we have multiple. You take away AT Perry, we've got Green, Williams, Whiteheart, Morin, Banks that are all dangerous targets. Not saying BC and UNC don't have other guys that can hurt you, but are collection of proven playmakers is pretty impressive.

The problem for BC is their OL has been so bad that Jurkovec doesn't have time to get the ball to Flowers.

Let's hope that continues to be a problem for them Saturday. Seems strange to be calling a BC O-line a weakness.
Not only are they replacing all 5 starters from last year, but they have been hit hard by injury at OL, which is a pretty bad combo for any team.

Yeah I think they've had at least 3 guys out/are out for the year on the offensive line from the start of the season

The problem for BC is their OL has been so bad that Jurkovec doesn't have time to get the ball to Flowers.
Doesn't necessarily play into our strengths (to the extent we have them) on defense. We're not especially known for pressuring QBs. Flowers will still have time to get open. Hopefully we limit everything else.

Doesn't necessarily play into our strengths (to the extent we have them) on defense. We're not especially known for pressuring QBs. Flowers will still have time to get open. Hopefully we limit everything else.
I don't know the defense has been improving I think. We may not have sacked FSU's Travis much, but I think we pressured him pretty consistently. I think we'll make Jurkovec uncomfortable enough Saturday to make a difference.

Our defense sacked Uiagalelei twice and hurried him 8 times. I really hope we don't have issues getting through BC's offensive line.

Wow. That's more than I remember. He sure didn't look hurried while he was throwing dimes on one leg.

We killed BC on the road last year and they’re much worse this year. Cmon.

Wow. That's more than I remember. He sure didn't look hurried while he was throwing dimes on one leg.

IMO he’s the type of QB who is probably a better thrower on the move than in the pocket. We pressured him enough to break the pocket, but because of his athleticism he still had plenty of time to make reads and wait for his receivers to get open.

there was one year around then when the CFA Bowl reps were in the student lot handing out big bags of CFA sandwiches and swag like stuffed cows and foam footballs. we parked and they ran up to us and gave everyone in our car a bag, which was like 40 total sandwiches.
Dang...How many people were in your car? Or better yet, how many sandwiches did they have per bag, 8?!

Yeah, coming away from that game it didn't feel that way. Must not have hurried him enough.

Dang...How many people were in your car? Or better yet, how many sandwiches did they have per bag, 8?!
probably 4-5 people in the car, and probably 6-10 sandwiches per bag. it was pretty clear they were supposed to give one bag per car but said fuck it so they could peace out early.

Yeah, coming away from that game it didn't feel that way. Must not have hurried him enough.
Well part of that is his size and that was the one thing I loved about Jamie Newman, at their size they could stand in there and deliver the ball even with pressure right in their face. I've mentioned one TD throw against Duke, Newman delivered the ball with about 3 defenders right on him, Sam could not have delivered the ball in that situation. However, Sam at his size does an incredible job of standing in there and delivering the ball and is overall a better QB than Newman. You can't coach a guy to be taller though.

I know there were some extenuating circumstances last year, but when we boat raced BC, Jurkovic was honestly the worst Qb I’ve ever seen at the ACC level. He was absolutely putrid. I haven’t watched any BC games this year so I was surprised when I heard clawson talk him up in the presser.

His stats from last year: 3-11 for 29 yards and two interceptions on a day that BC rushed for 5.6 ypc against one of the most porous defenses in the country.

Back