• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Biden/Schumer/Pelosi Accountability Thread

Geez. More underpants gnome shit.

i'm not bailing so maybe ease up on accusing me of trying to surrender the arg (2nd time) while I'm still engaging with you because that's not exactly a sign of good faith.

just to be clear, I was responding to Brasky personally with my posts since he was the dude fed up with trying to work with Forsyth Country Dems (an awful experience, I know it well!) and I was trying to make the dude feel a little better and I'm sorry it struck your Marvel Universe-sized-ego and you felt the need to jump in

It’s a real question you won’t answer. You and others bail whenever I ever ask about organizing to what ends to convince who to make what changes outside the government structure. It’s an underpants gnomes argument. Fill in the ???. Pretend you’re talking to someone you’re trying to organize and they ask “Won’t Republicans just stop this?”

okay a real world example about organizing and politics

if I'm talking to someone about the actual grad union campaign I'm working on and we're talking about the impact of political parties on our 2019 union election - they're probably asking me how Gov. Wolf's three PLRB appointees were able to hold and resolve the paradoxical position that (1) the University of Pittsburgh exerted undue influence on our election and (2) though PERA states that if undue influence is found there must follow "corrective action and order a new election" we don't qualify for this because it's unknown if the university's email on election day would have swayed the election.

they're not concerned about Republicans stopping their union when the university gives a union busting lawfirm $1 million a year to fight our grassroots organization efforts and the election examiner determines Pitt influenced the election because the Dem-led PLRB is already doing that.

Ph doesn't care unless it is voting all black and blue. A grad school revolt would be the last thing he would want.

Graduate high school

+

Don't have pregnancy until after marriage

=

Likely finacial stable footing without government assistance.

Organize away on this,

Buddy, pull up a chair. Let me save you some time.

I don’t agree with Brasky that we need burn the party down but I do think we need new leadership. Can’t see how that’s even arguable at this point.

I would prefer a balanced budget amendment and age limits, but at a bare minimum a Congressman's vote in favor of legislation that includes debt that can't be repaid within their life expectancy should be void ab initio.

Buddy, pull up a chair. Let me save you some time.

I would definitely cozy up with a drunk guy who uses the term “race pimp.”
It lends credibility to your arguments.

Of course, your only other choice is Brad, so I guess you are in tallest midget territory.

I would prefer a balanced budget amendment and age limits, but at a bare minimum a Congressman's vote in favor of legislation that includes debt that can't be repaid within their life expectancy should be void ab initio.
Yes we get that you don't understand a government that can fund with reserve currency. Hell let's just go back to the gold standard.

Graduate high school

+

Don't have pregnancy until after marriage

=

Likely finacial stable footing without government assistance.

Organize away on this,

Dear 13 year old child with food and housing insecurity and little to no parental guidance, just go graduate HS and you'll be successful.

Signed,
Middle aged white guy who never experience a day of struggle in his entire life

Balanced budget amendment? Where was this bullshit when Daddy Donald was slashing taxes and attempting to rack up hundreds of billions of more debt with his vanity wall?

Just like 99% of all conservatives, you don't give a damn about balancing the budget. You just want to take from the poor and give more to yourself. You are selfish, morally reprehensible snake. Jesus Christ would spit in your face.

Ph is correct that progressives have no chance in the current Democratic party setup. That's why it is time to leave it.

We will have a shit ton more leverage when our votes have to be earned, not just blindly counted on.

Balanced budget amendment? Where was this bullshit when Daddy Donald was slashing taxes and attempting to rack up hundreds of billions of more debt with his vanity wall?

Just like 99% of all conservatives, you don't give a damn about balancing the budget. You just want to take from the poor and give more to yourself. You are selfish, morally reprehensible snake. Jesus Christ would spit in your face.

I'd be very interested in what your factual basis is for this belief. Do you believe I am "taking" from the poor and "giving" to myself, via federal tax payments? How in your mind would that work? Do you think I'm a net taker from the federal treasury? Really?

I'd be very interested in what your factual basis is for this belief. Do you believe I am "taking" from the poor and "giving" to myself, via federal tax payments? How in your mind would that work? Do you think I'm a net taker from the federal treasury? Really?

Yes, I think pretty much everyone is a net taker when you factor in the collective assistance that is provided to you every day by the governments of the United States. Once you game the system and find deductions for every little thing possible, you probably pay what 25% of your income in taxes? Think about the thousands of things the government provides to you every day, including a quality of life unparalleled in human history, and hopefully you'll realize that you are absolutely getting the better of this deal.

And that doesn't take into account how much government spending has influenced the growth of the middle class over the last century. If it wasn't for massive government spending and intervention a vast majority of the population would barely be getting by, like our ancestors did 100-150 years ago.

And also, you don't actually give a shit about a balanced budget

That was my real point. You just want more and more for yourself. Because you're a bad person.

Yes, I think pretty much everyone is a net taker when you factor in the collective assistance that is provided to you every day by the governments of the United States. Once you game the system and find deductions for every little thing possible, you probably pay what 25% of your income in taxes? Think about the thousands of things the government provides to you every day, including a quality of life unparalleled in human history, and hopefully you'll realize that you are absolutely getting the better of this deal.

And that doesn't take into account how much government spending has influenced the growth of the middle class over the last century. If it wasn't for massive government spending and intervention a vast majority of the population would barely be getting by, like our ancestors did 100-150 years ago.

This post speaks to so many blind spots all at once I don't even know where to begin, but the fact that you think our "quality of life" comes from the government is actually more sad than it is stupid; and holy shit is it stupid.

And also, you don't actually give a shit about a balanced budget

That was my real point. You just want more and more for yourself. Because you're a bad person.

If "how much you pay in to the government" is a measurement of how good a person you are, I've got some bad news for you.

This post speaks to so many blind spots all at once I don't even know where to begin, but the fact that you think our "quality of life" comes from the government is actually more sad than it is stupid; and holy shit is it stupid.

I'll bite. Why is our quality of life so high then? Assuming the government isn't part of that equation.

Let's see if that big brain of yours can actually defend its views, for once.

Back