• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BillBrasky Memorial Political Chat Thread

Seems like the police could have just helped them get gas so they could just get on their way.

Political Chat Thread - All Topics & Rants Welcome

Seems like the police could have just helped them get gas so they could just get on their way.

The quoted content says that the officer, who initially stopped to help, saw that they possessed guns that violated state gun laws.

I guess it is making excuses...but...part of the problem is congressionally mandated government contracting process requires that the contracts are awarded to the lowest bidder. It was intended to save money and limit sweetheart deals to friends and family members of government officials, but it often ends up giving contracts to people/companies that have no idea what they are getting into but see an opportunity to grab some government cash. I guarantee that is how that random tiny company from Montana got the contract to rebuild Puerto Rico's electrical grid and then had no capacity to actually do the work. Government contracting procedures need an overhaul.

I guess it is making excuses...but...part of the problem is congressionally mandated government contracting process requires that the contracts are awarded to the lowest bidder. It was intended to save money and limit sweetheart deals to friends and family members of government officials, but it often ends up giving contracts to people/companies that have no idea what they are getting into but see an opportunity to grab some government cash. I guarantee that is how that random tiny company from Montana got the contract to rebuild Puerto Rico's electrical grid and then had no capacity to actually do the work. Government contracting procedures need an overhaul.

Thought that one had to do more with the Ryan Zinke connection?

A lot of people proposed that and it's possible Zinke coached them on how to submit a lowball but still very lucrative proposal, but I don't think Zinke had a direct hand in that decision.

EZAtMMZX0AIQksD

Back