• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BillBrasky Memorial Political Chat Thread

There was. He and McCain were buddies (McCain was buddies with a lot of guys it seems and Mccain wanted to pick Lieberman but got that idea nixed by the Republican old guard. By the time the convention happened, Palin was the VP pick and Obama was on a rocket to another trajectory and Lieberman picked that moment to go old boy network and go endorse one of his old friends instead of backing his own party's nominee who just so happened to be the first Black Presidential nominee. It really made me change how I looked at him. Maybe that's unfair, but that is my take on it.

It would be helpful if media and pundits would provide the reason why the newly configured company is financially valuable, instead of portraying the valuation as a conspiratorial mystery. Seems much more honest and helpful to provide a disappointing truth rather than being histrionic.

It would be helpful if media and pundits would provide the reason why the newly configured company is financially valuable, instead of portraying the valuation as a conspiratorial mystery. Seems much more honest and helpful to provide a disappointing truth rather than being histrionic.

Financial takes by general media are always terrible. I have not read the trump financials other than reading your post so take this all with a grain of salt…

Remember how this is a merger between a giant wallet of cash and a brand new company that’s done nothing yet. That income statement makes total sense in that light.

The combined balance sheet (statement of assets - liabilities = book value of what the company’s worth) will probably give you a better directional sense for what the combined company’s value is right now.

that tweet is the income statement for the brand new combined entity showing what net income the combined company made the past two years. It is no surprise that a giant wallet of cash that does nothing and a brand new company has made jack shit.

So imo the stock value now is a mix of that balance sheet value plus meme stock hype.

there is no rational way to explain it; it's a meme stock. There is no plan to achieve profitability. There's no business plan here, and the people who have invested in it are going to really have their loyalty tested when it tanks. (Not if - WHEN.)

The entire company is a house of cards propped up by people who want to support trump and have talked themselves into believing that this stock allows them to support him AND make money on his coattails.

It's down 22% TODAY. Once people realize that they are losing money and there's a run, more and more people will run for the exits. This is not going to end well for anyone who holds the stock long term.

Good reasoning here:

So i had no idea who John Cornyn was, but it turns out that he is my other senator.

I feel like i can't vote for that guy. Not that I usually vote.

Last edited:
Back