• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BillBrasky Memorial Political Chat Thread

Think of this political ad: you’ve got Trump or a Trump tweet talking about “Going BIG with the stimulus package” and split screened you’ve got Mitch McConnell killing Trumps stimulus bill, and just throw up a big block text “WHOSE PARTY IS THIS?” Play up the chaos. Playing team members against each other is such a classic tactic but Republicans so rarely break ranks to give Democrats the opportunity

1) you are no RJ when it comes to designing fake political ads.
2) That's politics, not actual help. I don't have any reason to believe that the Senate would cave to that type of stuff.
3) To be clear, I agree with you that at the very least, the house should have passed the $1.8T bill. That being said, I don't think it would have led to an actual law being signed. Sadly enough I don't think things change until January. Which is awful

2) That's politics, not actual help. I don't have any reason to believe that the Senate would cave to that type of stuff.

I was asked whether or not the bill could pass the senate, I just followed along with the thought that it wouldn't. In that scenario, the Republican Party is split. Is that not the case?

would be interesting to force mitch, lidsay et al to have to defend voting against trump. At that point they may pass it to avoid that justification to their base.

As soon as the Democrat house passed it, Trump would start tweeting the exact opposite and call it a disaster

I think people are significantly underestimating how incredibly good the CARES act was, and how devastating it is that the aid is running/has run out. Pass something now, even if imperfect. Then pass more when you have the presidency and senate.

How good the whole CARES Act was? Or how good a small portion of the CARES Act that actually went to regular people as justification for a massive transfer of wealth to the wealthy?

How good the whole CARES Act was? Or how good a small portion of the CARES Act that actually went to regular people as justification for a massive transfer of wealth to the wealthy?

Yeah, you are hugely underrating the CARES act. It was so good that despite a pandemic causing massive unemployment, the poverty rate actually went *down* slightly. People act as though it was a one time $1,200 check and the rest went to wealthy folks. The average family of an unemployed person got $22,000 over 5 months! It's the most progressive piece of legislation in decades.

Right. That’s why Republicans aren’t doing it again.

The Democrats!

Honestly, do you really think Dianne Feinstein gives a shit whether or not Lindsay Graham keeps his seat? She doesn’t fucking care about South Carolina or a Democratic majority.

Back