• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Bobknightfan's Take on GT Game

deacphan

Reaction score
Have we gotten it yet? I haven't noticed whether he weighed in on our performance or not. Is he OK?

I still have faith in Bzz to fold down the stretch and finish 2-9 (we beat GT and BC at home).

Sorry.....ain't gonna happen this year.

right in a sense...

It's hilarious that a lot of people on this board think that all the improvement in the team this year just came from the players alone, without any input whatsoever from [Redacted]. I mean, they really believe that. They worked on the ball movement, plays, everything. Kind of like basic training in the movie "Stripes"....and about as realistic.

Well, if the majority of these kids don't like Buzz they're doing an unusually good collective job of hiding that before, during and after games. What I'm seeing every time I watch a game is positive....energy, enthusiasm and lotsa hussle. Believe me, I'm looking for but haven't seen any negative body language in time-out huddles or anyone sulking or visibly tuning out Buzz. On the contrary, they seem like a close nit group that seems to enjoy playing team basketball and....Gawd forgive me....well coached.

Great post. That's exactly what I'm seeing. Unfortunately, there are many posters on this board whose minds were made up a long time ago and their egos will not permit them to admit that they might be wrong. This is not really surprising, when you think about it.....though it is kind of sad. These people have got to be hurting with each new WF win. I feel the best about WF basketball that I've felt in a long time.

IMPROVEMENT

Looks like easy money at first glance. However, I learned (the hard way) over the years that Vegas is smarter than I am. :) (And for that reason, I stopped betting on games about 15 years ago.)

As I've said, they don't just pull their numbers out of a hat. Still, I would be surprised if we don't cover that spread.
SPOT ON

You know he's going to have another Tacy-esque hissy fit when we fire Bz.

bkf doesn't like bz and thinks he should be canned IIRC. He just disliked Dino more, and buys all the #culture spin.

bkf: Cool with an old, incompetent white guy getting rich as long as the young, predominantly black players earn far below their market value.

You know he's going to have another Tacy-esque hissy fit when we fire Bz.

If that results in him taking another decade off from Wake Sports, I'm fine with that.

I'm mostly just disillusioned with the entire game of college basketball today.

Hope you watched the Duke-Syracuse game, or can access a replay. It's one game this weekend that lived up to all of the hype.

You've pretty much nailed it. I've got no problem with replacing [Redacted]. I have no idea where awaken could have gotten the idea that [Redacted] compares in any way with Carl Tacy to me. I don't hate [Redacted], though. I think he is trying. He's evidently just not up to the job. I said all along that [Redacted] could well turn out to be a mistake...but that I was 100% in favor of firing Dino, no matter who replaced him.

I'm mostly just disillusioned with the entire game of college basketball today. They've thrown the rulebook out the window, and, evidently, you have to sell your soul now to compete in college basketball at the national level. If you can't win without recruiting 1 & 2-year players, I really don't care what happens anymore. (And haven't, really, since Coach Knight retired.)

You talk a shit ton about something that you don't care about then.

I don't care about the NHL. I also don't talk in the NHL thread... because I don't care about the NHL.

lol at the "mia from hunting accident" tag.

nice of bkf to stop by. still interested in his thoughts on the GT game and how it fits in to the improvement of the team and "feel[ing] the best about WF basketball that I've felt in a long time."

BKF version of "good basketball."

images

For some unknown reason I decided to watch a youtube video of the last 5 minutes of IU-Cuse in 87. Lots of uncalled travels when going by the letter of the law.

Well, I didn't get to see the game because my 8-year old grandson had a game in Jamestown at 11:30 that morning, then we went to lunch after the game was over at 12:30.

So, if Bob Knight had coached the team your grandson was playing, I can only assume you'd have cheered against the kid.

I wouldn't have cheered against my grandson...just as I would never have cheered against my son...on a personal basis...but I would have cheered for Coach Knight's team to win. There are no circumstances where I would ever cheer against a Bob Knight-coached team....no matter who it was playing. Everyone has to believe in something or someone. I believe in Bob Knight. Period. No qualifiers. That was a decision that I made many, many years ago.

By definition you are cheering against you son or grandson, it you are cheering for the opposition.

It's absolutely unthinkable not to cheer for your family.

WOW! This is amazing.

EDIT: When my niece got told me she was going to UNC Med School, I asked if she couldn't go anywhere else. Since she grew up in Chapel Hill, she was coming home. I took a deep breath and told, "Well, at least embarrass them by coming in first in your class." She did.

I wouldn't have cheered against my grandson...just as I would never have cheered against my son...on a personal basis...but I would have cheered for Coach Knight's team to win. There are no circumstances where I would ever cheer against a Bob Knight-coached team....no matter who it was playing. Everyone has to believe in something or someone. I believe in Bob Knight. Period. No qualifiers. That was a decision that I made many, many years ago.

Thanks for clarifying. That seems totally normal now that you've explained it... :wtftard:

Nobody questions [Redacted] tries hard. He just sucks. He's in well over his head. His ceiling was advance NBA scout. No shame in that.

Back