• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Boehner plans to sue Obama?

But there will be millions who are no longer alive and they will be replaced by millions who don't know anything about the past. In elections that are often swayed by 3-6M votes, these two factors alone can swing the results.

But there will be millions who are no longer alive and they will be replaced by millions who don't know anything about the past. In elections that are often swayed by 3-6M votes, these two factors alone can swing the results.

But 20 years from now Bush's presidency will be 26 years in the past, and 9/11 will be 33 years in the past, well within the time the study shows is relevant.

I became a voter 17 years after Reagan's presidency and 25 years after Carter's presidency. But I knew about both of them and they both came up often in the last two presidential elections

You are assuming that millions are as in tune with politics and history as you are. We know that's not true. Lots of people only tune in during election years.

You are assuming that millions are as in tune with politics and history as you are. We know that's not true. Lots of people only tune in during election years.

The study I linked indicates that an individuals' level of knowledge about presidents over the past 50 years is pretty consistent with a big drop off after that.

Basically if someone doesn't know much about Reagan and Bush Sr. they know just as little about Obama.

Rick Astley knows more about politics than millions of voters.

It wasn't three posts. It's one....I was on the phone....

It wasn't three posts. It's one....I was on the phone....

which just shows you didn't click on the first link. Baby steps.

I made three posts on this thread, all of which referenced a fictitious article i linked in my first post. Not trying to start anything, just performing a simple experiment.

Don't think there will ever be a smoking gun email or voicemail that will sink Christie on Bridgegate, but his staff trashing Wildstein for stuff going back to high school won't be forgotten. Coming after Christie said he was going to take charge, it was really petty, immature, and unnecessary. Not everybody has long commutes, but pretty much everyone went to high school and dredging up stuff 30+ years later is something nobody's going to condone. Up until then, Christie was a media darling, but that part of Bridgegate will stick. It's hard to predict what seemingly trivial events will sink people, but being out of touch in ways that are completely unrelatable are toxic. Poppa Bush and the scanner, Mitt and the car elevator, and Hillary's comments on wealth are prime examples.

The whole high school thing sounds trivial but it will stick and it sticks harder in that CC is basically a bully and seen that way.

The whole high school thing sounds trivial but it will stick and it sticks harder in that CC is basically a bully and seen that way.

Oh come on. Seriously. This is what will condemn Christie? I bet less than 5% of the population outside of his home state even knows what you are talking about. That isn't going to play in another 16 months.

I can see the commercial now:

"Chris Christie was a meanie pants to wildstein. Oh who in the heck is wildstein? That isn't your concern, just Don't vote for Christie to be our president. "

Heck the tea party would probably love that crap. I see no way to make those statements stick. Perhaps if he made them during an election cycle you might have a point just due to the immediacy but it is almost comical to think that making fun of a high school classmate is what is going to sink (pun intended) Christie.

What will hurt Christie is that he can't claim he's such an effective manager when he was out of the loop on something so big coordinated by people close to him.

What will hurt Christie is that he can't claim he's such an effective manager when he was out of the loop on something so big coordinated by people close to him.

I still don't think Bridgegate plays. I could very well be wrong but it just isn't sensational enough. Christie will have 8 years of track record at that point. Whining about a closed bridge is going to sound trite.

He may not win the pub nomination. But if he doesn't it won't be because of a bridge closure.

I don't think it will hurt him with Republicans. It will hurt him with independents.

Christie's 2016 initial strategy was fine for a general election, but extremely risky for a GOP primary: run up a big number in re-election in a blue state, position himself as a can do pragmatist GOP Governor in a blue state, and hammer 2016 electability. Problem is that Tea Party primary voters want someone who will stand up to Dems and want nothing to do with bipartisan cooperation. Christie looked shaky in December/January and that opened the door for Jeb. Christie can't win the primary while splitting votes and donors with Jeb. Christie can survive losing Iowa, but he needs to win two of New Hampshire, South Carolina, and Florida. Doesn't happen with Jeb in the field.

I'd be very surprised if Jeb runs. He understands how badly W hurt his chances.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.co...l-majority-say-no-to-impeachment-and-lawsuit/

33% support impeachment, 65% oppose. 57% of 'Pubs support impeachment, that's gotta be the nightmare for the GOP: base wants impeachment that nearly two thirds of the country opposes and there aren't and won't ever be 67 votes in the Senate to convict. Lots of luck with that. Also pretty interesting that the numbers opposing impeachment are slightly lower than they were for Bubba in '98.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.co...l-majority-say-no-to-impeachment-and-lawsuit/

33% support impeachment, 65% oppose. 57% of 'Pubs support impeachment, that's gotta be the nightmare for the GOP: base wants impeachment that nearly two thirds of the country opposes and there aren't and won't ever be 67 votes in the Senate to convict. Lots of luck with that. Also pretty interesting that the numbers opposing impeachment are slightly lower than they were for Bubba in '98.

Did they mention if those numbers change if Obama is just sued but not impeached?

Back