• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Boehner plans to sue Obama?

Lol. You nailed it. It is all power plays by the insignificants (I envision a parody of 'the untouchables' ). They have little to any national pull anymore and are just searching for ways to re enter the game for their own benefit.

Jeb is going to sit back, watch them tear each other apart while destroying their chances with the general public, and then get the nomination.

This Pub primary will be fascinating because it's unclear who will have the money edge.

Jeb is going to sit back, watch them tear each other apart while destroying their chances with the general public, and then get the nomination.

That's also Mitt's dream scenario-let the demolition derby play out and have the GOP come begging him to run.

I still maintain Christie will be the guy. But Jeb is actually a really good candidate. He just got screwed by his brother. Papa bush was really a good president. Crazy that H only Got 4 years and W got 8. I guess that is just the product of their opponents. The pub primary will be fascinating. Christie has laid low since Bridgegate but nothing really came of that. Hard to believe that will really matter in another 2 years.

No way Romney gets back in the picture IMO. He got beat by Obama which is probably the unforgivable sin to establishment Republicans right now. Christie comes on so strong in debates and personally apoearances that I don't think it will be hard for him to convince the far right to follow. They love a strong leader. Doesn't really matter where the leader is taking them. W proved that.

I don't think the GOP has the votes in the current demographics to win a presidential election. They need to run a very moderate candidate to have any shot and they'll cannibalize any good candidate in the primary

Jeb would be the most moderate of all of them but again not conservative enough for tea part. They them stay home again and Hillary wins in a landslide (which I think will happen regardless of the Pub candidate).

Jeb's the best candidate and the worst candidate. He's the most qualified. He's the most moderate. He could even get some Hispanic votes. However, he's also an easy mark being a Bush.

We've had two Bushes as POTUS. Each has had a recession. Each has started a war. Under each the stock markets were stagnant and employment was very weak.

All of this will be central to the campaign and Jeb knows it. This is why he isn't running but preparing his son to run in 10-20 years of so.

Jeb's the best candidate and the worst candidate. He's the most qualified. He's the most moderate. He could even get some Hispanic votes. However, he's also an easy mark being a Bush.

We've had two Bushes as POTUS. Each has had a recession. Each has started a war. Under each the stock markets were stagnant and employment was very weak.

All of this will be central to the campaign and Jeb knows it. This is why he isn't running but preparing his son to run in 10-20 years of so.

Wait, what?

Jeb's son is TX Land Commissioner. This is a very, very powerful position. It often leads to higher office. Don't be shocked to see another generation of Bush as Governor of Texas in the very near future.

My point being, if the Bush legacy is hurting Jeb, why wouldn't it hurt Jr.?

Because it's TX. He's a Bush and Republican. TX still thinks W was competent.

Because it's TX. He's a Bush and Republican. TX still thinks W was competent.

You said he was prepping his son to run in 10-20 years. Did you mean run for national office? Why would being a Bush hurt Jeb nationally but not his son?

I don't think the GOP has the votes in the current demographics to win a presidential election. They need to run a very moderate candidate to have any shot and they'll cannibalize any good candidate in the primary

Electoral College demographics heavily favor Dems, but Hillary has some baggage and if she doesn't run, GOP has a chance if they nominate the right candidate. Won't happen, but Mitch Daniels and Huntsman are their two best general election candidates. Tea Party doesn't trust Jeb or Christie. Rand would have a chance, but neither party will have an appetite for another first term Senator. Scott Walker, Kasich, or Mike Pence will be in the mix, but they'll have to severely curtail their positions on social issues in a general election to have a chance to win.

Dems had to move Julian Castro to DC because Texas is so difficult for Dems to win statewide now. Jeb's kid has a short to medium-term window to move up in Texas, but if he waits too long, demographics will have changed and one of the Castros could beat him for Senator or Governor. When Texas turns blue, it's all over for the GOP.

You said he was prepping his son to run in 10-20 years. Did you mean run for national office? Why would being a Bush hurt Jeb nationally but not his son?

Because there will be tens of millions of voters who won't have known Daddy or W. Plus, Jeb not running will help his son.

Electoral College demographics heavily favor Dems, but Hillary has some baggage and if she doesn't run, GOP has a chance if they nominate the right candidate. Won't happen, but Mitch Daniels and Huntsman are their two best general election candidates. Tea Party doesn't trust Jeb or Christie. Rand would have a chance, but neither party will have an appetite for another first term Senator. Scott Walker, Kasich, or Mike Pence will be in the mix, but they'll have to severely curtail their positions on social issues in a general election to have a chance to win.

Dems had to move Julian Castro to DC because Texas is so difficult for Dems to win statewide now. Jeb's kid has a short to medium-term window to move up in Texas, but if he waits too long, demographics will have changed and one of the Castros could beat him for Senator or Governor. When Texas turns blue, it's all over for the GOP.

Huntsman makes too much sense to be the GOP candidate. He was a really good candidate.

You are correct about TX. It could be purple by 2020 and going toward blue by 2028.

Because there will be tens of millions of voters who won't have known Daddy or W. Plus, Jeb not running will help his son.

There will be tens of millions of voters who won't know who was president, at most, 5 presidents ago?

I still maintain Christie will be the guy. But Jeb is actually a really good candidate. He just got screwed by his brother. Papa bush was really a good president. Crazy that H only Got 4 years and W got 8. I guess that is just the product of their opponents. The pub primary will be fascinating. Christie has laid low since Bridgegate but nothing really came of that. Hard to believe that will really matter in another 2 years.

No way Romney gets back in the picture IMO. He got beat by Obama which is probably the unforgivable sin to establishment Republicans right now. Christie comes on so strong in debates and personally apoearances that I don't think it will be hard for him to convince the far right to follow. They love a strong leader. Doesn't really matter where the leader is taking them. W proved that.

Don't think there will ever be a smoking gun email or voicemail that will sink Christie on Bridgegate, but his staff trashing Wildstein for stuff going back to high school won't be forgotten. Coming after Christie said he was going to take charge, it was really petty, immature, and unnecessary. Not everybody has long commutes, but pretty much everyone went to high school and dredging up stuff 30+ years later is something nobody's going to condone. Up until then, Christie was a media darling, but that part of Bridgegate will stick. It's hard to predict what seemingly trivial events will sink people, but being out of touch in ways that are completely unrelatable are toxic. Poppa Bush and the scanner, Mitt and the car elevator, and Hillary's comments on wealth are prime examples.

There will be tens of millions of voters who won't know who was president, at most, 5 presidents ago?

They won't have lived through the times. It will be forty years since Bush 41. It will be over twenty years since W. People will forget many things.

Back