• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Boehner plans to sue Obama?

sad thing is these assholes will gain power at the midterms.

This country needs the Republican party to control both houses of congress and the white house for four years.

Unfortunately I think we need a full dose of this tea party shit to see how poorly their ideas translate into real life. That or come really close and watch people bail like lemmings when it happens.

But Im drunk, so I don't really know..

sad thing is these assholes will gain power at the midterms.

This country needs the Republican party to control both houses of congress and the white house for four years.

Unfortunately I think we need a full dose of this tea party shit to see how poorly their ideas translate into real life. That or come really close and watch people bail like lemmings when it happens.

But Im drunk, so I don't really know..

Please explain to me why we need 4 years of total Republican control? Were you not awake during 2000-2008?

Boehner thought the law suit would energize the base before the midterms and calm down conservatives who wanted to push for impeachment. Tea Party didn't believe they'd get skunked in GOP Senate primaries, so now they're pushing for impeachment. Depending on the composition of the next House, Tea Party will probably make a move on Boehner in January to clear the way for impeachment. Didn't have the votes to put someone more conservative in than McCarthy in Cantor's slot and may not have the votes to topple Boehner. There's no chance of conviction in the Senate, but it will still be interesting to see how many 2016 GOP wannabes support impeachment.

The other big splinter issue for conservatives is how much money they'll commit toward the current immigration problem. $4 Billion won't go over well with conservatives, but it's a fraction of what it would cost to build a wall. Status quo isn't sustainable and the GOP can't keep putting off immigration reform until the border is secured. Can't round up and deport 11 million people and seal the border without spending significant sums. There won't be 67 votes in the Senate to override an Obama veto, so conservatives will be at each others throats again because they don't have the votes.

Better to whine, blame Obama, stir up the base, and raise money than act on the problem.

And for damned good reason. That administration was one of the biggest disasters in the nation's history. They stole the presidency by illegally purging 57,000 voters in Florida, allowed the worst attack on the U.S. mainland in the nation's history, lied to start a totally unnecessary 10-year war that cost $2 trillion & almost 40,000 U.S. casualties, had the first 4-year administration with a net job loss since the Great Depression, and initiated fiscal policies that padded the pockets of the wealthiest Americans while obliterating two years of budget surpluses...which were projected to continue for years to come...and had the entire U.S. economy teetering on the brink of total collapse in October, 2008.

Anybody who tries to compare that to anything that has happened under Obama is completely full of shit.

welp, kinda hard to argue with that. ETA: most historians agree with you, and rank him in the bottom ten if not five.

Last edited:
Not a surprise, but I don't get Palin's push for impeachment on any level-politically or commercially. Nobody thinks that Jesse Jackson or Dick Cheney have any viable future in elective politics, yet both finished below Palin on the STFU meter. Almost all of the primaries are over, so there's minimal benefit in calling for 'Pub candidates to choose between impeachment or lawsuit. The votes aren't there for conviction and a failed attempt doesn't suddenly elevate Palin as a presidential candidate or pundit. If there had been Limbaugh or Beck money available to Palin in 2009, she would have taken it in a heartbeat. Sarah thought she could pocket a fair amount of money between 2009 and 2011 and still run in 2012, but people quickly realized her lack of preparation in 2008 wasn't a fluke. Conservative money is concentrated in the establishment, not upstarts like Breitbart and if she leads a failed insurrection the cash flow spigots finally run dry. Like Bachmann fundraising in the Bay Area for a fraction of what Michelle Obama brings in, Palin isn't writing war on Christmas books over more lucrative endeavors. Sarah destroyed her political and commercial prospects through her own arrogance, vanity, and greed and she has no one else to blame for crashing and burning. A complete clusterfuck all around.

I'll wait to hear what Skins says about Palin.

I think you should add ignorance to arrogance, vanity, and greed. Idiots usually make stupid decisions.

I think they are going to impeach Obama if the pubs take the senate back.

http://www.nationaljournal.com/cong...ink-obama-should-be-impeached-either-20140715

Don't know how I missed this, but Palin et al want to impeach Obama now (before the midterms) and not in 2015!?! It's pretty much a given that 'Pubs will pick up seats in both the House and Senate, thereby lowering the bar for Senate Dem/Independent votes for conviction from 22 to 12-15. Would also put impeachment ahead of Gowdy's Benghazi hearings. On top of that, Boehner's not going to go for impeachment. Boehner has to be replaced before impeachment happens and the probability of conviction is much higher in 2015 than now.

There is ZERO chance of Obama being removed now or or in 2015 or in 2016. Dems won't lose enough seats in the Senate.

History will tell what the GOP has been about during Obama's tenure- race. He's not white. Like it or not this is his biggest problem.

The GOP has tried to push back the Civil rights Act, Affirmative Action, the Voters Rights Act, voter suppression and stopping even the GOP created immigration reform.

Historians will look at this period as the most racist time since the early 60s.

There is ZERO chance of Obama being removed now or or in 2015 or in 2016. Dems won't lose enough seats in the Senate.

History will tell what the GOP has been about during Obama's tenure- race. He's not white. Like it or not this is his biggest problem.

The GOP has tried to push back the Civil rights Act, Affirmative Action, the Voters Rights Act, voter suppression and stopping even the GOP created immigration reform.

Historians will look at this period as the most racist time since the early 60s.

Within days of being called out on this on the immigration thread, you just can't help yourself, can you?

Dems hold 53 seats with 21 up for re-election. Even if Dems lose every single race (which isn't going to happen), that would still give the GOP 66 votes. Real Clear Politics estimates 8 contested races which will determine who controls the Senate. A sweep there gives the GOP 53 seats, which means they'll still need 14 Dem/Independent votes to convict in 2015. I get the GOP doesn't want to piss off the Tea Party before the midterms by calling them out publicly, but somebody behind the scenes has got to be walking the morons through extremely simple math. They did the same shit roughly a year ago with the government shut down. I get that the Tea Party isn't populated with rocket scientists, but surely they can understand that if you're never going to have the votes, it's better to pull a hollow stunt after the midterms when the defeat won't be as embarrassing. Boehner's gotta be livid having to put up with the same crap again.

Hey Rube, I'll give you 1000-1 on $100 that Obama isn't removed from office via impeachment.

Hey Rube, I'll give you 1000-1 on $100 that Obama isn't removed from office via impeachment.

Hate to upset you, RJ, but I agree it's never going to happen. There's zero possibility of ever (2014, 2015, 2016) getting to 67 votes to convict. Can't understand how conservatives don't understand math and polls especially after 2012 and last year's government shut down debacle. Stunned that some still can't figure that out and would think cranking up the impeachment machine now before midterms would be a good idea.

Hate to upset you, RJ, but I agree it's never going to happen. There's zero possibility of ever (2014, 2015, 2016) getting to 67 votes to convict. Can't understand how conservatives don't understand math and polls especially after 2012 and last year's government shut down debacle. Stunned that some still can't figure that out and would think cranking up the impeachment machine now before midterms would be a good idea.

Agreed. I don't understand how "don't rock the boat"--or, more accurately, "don't say anything stupid about women"--isn't the GOP's mantra right now.

Like someone else said, this would make for incredible television watching if they went for this and I wouldn't care if it was before or after the midterms.

Agreed. I don't understand how "don't rock the boat"--or, more accurately, "don't say anything stupid about women"--isn't the GOP's mantra right now.

Winning back the Senate and adding seats in the House is very doable, but impeachment now is the only thing that could totally screw things up for the GOP. GOP can't be excited about Palin, Cheney, and now even Todd Akin are reasserting themselves back on the scene. Santorum, Trump, and Huckabee can still pop off too. GOP needs to banish them big time.

Winning back the Senate and adding seats in the House is very doable, but impeachment now is the only thing that could totally screw things up for the GOP. GOP can't be excited about Palin, Cheney, and now even Todd Akin are reasserting themselves back on the scene. Santorum, Trump, and Huckabee can still pop off too. GOP needs to banish them big time.

Come on Bachmann, Newt, and Perry! Get your crazy trains back on track you are falling behind.

Come on Bachmann, Newt, and Perry! Get your crazy trains back on track you are falling behind.

Lol. You nailed it. It is all power plays by the insignificants (I envision a parody of 'the untouchables' ). They have little to any national pull anymore and are just searching for ways to re enter the game for their own benefit.

Back