• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Bullshit Trump Says

You should list some examples of consistent factual failures of the so-called liberal media

the president constantly and openly lying isn't something that should be ignored brah

Normalization of Trump's behavior is a serious problem for our society. We should tolerate being lied to by the president so often that it becomes boring.

actually, the lefties would do well to consult with me first but then they couldn't be lefties any more; on the other hand they would be right more often, indeed, a lot more often

Says the poster who has and will later post that he isn't aligned with major conservative policy positions and didn't vote for the leader of the GOP whom he defends daily.

He’s the enemy of this person. I’ve got Trump fatigue. If there’s nothing going on for a few days that’s headline worthy, try talking about something else. Some peace and quiet is nice. We don’t need to fill in the quiet days with opeds on the 50 most cringeworthy lines of a speech three weeks ago as a front page headline. Trump didn’t tweet anything last night he hasn’t already said 10 times. It’s not news, it’s lavar Ball soap opera.

Which is news when it involves the POTUS. It’s also important not to conflate shitty journalism with biased journalism.

I'm starting to lose count of all the self-proclaimed political "independents" who say they didn't vote for Trump and don't really support him, but who nonetheless rush to defend virtually everything he does or says 24/7, slam liberals in every way possible while defending nearly every conservative position, and who always seem to get their debating points from right-wing news media. It's amazing at how many "independents" act just like Trumpites. One might almost think they really weren't that independent and were really diehard right-wing Trump supporters, but surely that's not the case.

Which is news when it involves the POTUS. It’s also important not to conflate shitty journalism with biased journalism.

If any other POTUS said and did things the way Trump has done, I'd guarantee that the news media would be all over it too. Imagine the response from the msm if Obama had personally tweeted a third of the stuff that Trump has done. Not just Fox, but CNN, MSNBC, NY Times, etc. would be on it 24/7. The Obama (or Democratic) tweets, to be the equivalent of what Trump does every day, would be something along the lines of "poor white trash rednecks contribute nothing to our society, why don't we just cut their welfare payments and save some tax money?", or "Fox News is FAKE NEWS! I'm sick of them lying about my record - and Sean Hannity is the biggest faker of them all!" Seriously, does anyone think that, if Obama had tweeted such stuff, that it wouldn't be given major news coverage by almost every news media site, and would cause blind outrage on the right (and leave many liberals highly uncomfortable?)

Trump's not just a celebrity anymore, he's the POTUS, and since at least WW2 everything a POTUS says or does is news. The press used to make fun of Truman's loud Hawaiian shirts when he was in Key West, Eisenhower playing too much golf, LBJ picking up his dog by its ears, etc. No POTUS is immune to that kind of scrutiny, including Trump. No doubt there's a good deal of "Trump fatigue" going on with nearly everybody, but that's his fault, not the media's. Maybe, if he doesn't like the coverage he's getting, he should stop tweeting such offensive and bullying shit from his toilet at 2 AM every day, stop being such a drama queen and agent of chaos, and get his house in order. But, he's never lived that way, his rube base doesn't really care, and so neither does he. Instead, both he and his base just settle for complaining about the librul msm actually covering all the crap he's saying and tweeting and doing on a pretty much daily basis. That's where we're at, and it's not going to change.

How come Putin And Kim Jung Un can trick Trump into legitimizing their regimes and giving up Ukraine and all troops in South Korea but the liberal media geniuses can’t trick him into like taking care of poor people

How come Putin And Kim Jung Un can trick Trump into legitimizing their regimes and giving up Ukraine and all troops in South Korea but the liberal media geniuses can’t trick him into like taking care of poor people

Because Trump isn't being tricked into doing those things.

Sure he is. If insteada Cillizza headlines CNN just ran headlines with "4 MORE YEARS OF TRUMP IF HE DOES THIS ONE THING PER POLL" and then say its signing back onto the Paris treaty, he'll tweet us rejoining the Paris Accord within 24 hours.

Sure he is. If insteada Cillizza headlines CNN just ran headlines with "4 MORE YEARS OF TRUMP IF HE DOES THIS ONE THING PER POLL" and then say its signing back onto the Paris treaty, he'll tweet us rejoining the Paris Accord within 24 hours.

You know a Dem President would be getting the same treatment, you know, need organizations calling him/her out for distorting reality, right? This isn’t a Liberal/Conservative issue. It’s a unique, unprecedented Trump issue, and the press, opinion pieces and fact-reporting pieces alike, are reporting/pondering real-time because there’s never been a shape-shifter / reality-shifter in the history of USA presidents.

I don’t think it’s a stretch at all for a profession to lean liberal when is dominated by well educated college grads who are required to do massive amounts of research , do massive amounts of reading and writing, and to have exceptional critical thinking and analysis as prerequisites for their job.

Yep.

I don't really care if a journalist or publication leans, or is biased, "right" or "left". I care if the reportage and/or analysis is honest/true. I think in today's world, honest reportage and analysis will "lean left". And this has become more so since the rise of Trump.

Back