• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BZZ Out Rumor

I am rooting for the refs. They work so hard yet get so little respect. Go Lucky, Hess, and Valentine! If anyone complains about the refs tonight I will neg rep you for being mean.

If this come to pass, I guess I got something right for a change when I before and during the season that if we didn't get 18 wins that [Redacted] should be fired the next day after season was over and if Wellman didn't he should get fired.

You might be the most self centered idiot on the planet.

I can easily see this since he is set to head up the selection committee next year. It means a STUD coach needs to be hired though so we do not run into an interim situation or new coaching search when a new AD is hired.

exactly.

That would be Norwood "Lookout" Teague, and the job is Minnesota.

Someone way earlier quoted a 2-3 month timeline for hiring a new AD. I for one, while happy to make two changes, would worry a lot about losing access to the best coaching candidates during that span. While I know it has to be done, it would be a very unfortunate, and hopefully not crippling, byproduct.

IM THA ONLY LOOKOUT NAMED TEAGUE YOU PASTRYPUFF TWINKIE SNOWBIRD MUTHAFUCKA. WHEN YALL GONNA HANG MY JERZEY???? I WENT TA SCHOOL FOR TWO YEARS!!!!

LOOK THA FUCK OUT an #BUZZOUT!!!!!!!!!!!!11!!!

So considering the latest rumor, who are you rooting for in tonight's game? Deacs or Terps?

This is easy, Deacs because I already know the outcome of the game, or at least the following game, which lend the same results (ASSUMING THERE IS ANY VERACITY TO THE RUMOR). Think of it like watching Sixth Sense hoping Bruce Willis is alive and well in the end. I may not know allot about being Board savy, but as a long suffering Cowboy Fan I am well versed din the proper protocol in these scenarios. i've tried rooting against the boys in the past as a catalyst to get needed change and it doesn't feel right. here is what you do, Root for the deacs, but consciously accept what your eyes have shown you over the last 3 years.

For instance, last year I knew that regardless if we (the cowboys) beat the Redskins we were not championship caliber and that we needed serious change in the dysfunctional organization to truly become competitive. Nevertheless I was able to root for them because I removed all emotion, and subscribed only to objectivity. This allowed me to see what was coming:Like every year we were going to go on the field with unwiped ass and wet the bed. We did. The difference is here we have BOT to save us and we are not left int he hands of an autocrat like Wellman or Jerry Jones.

Last edited:
Homie, we are not winning any ACC tourney lol. I don't see how we can beat Maryland and even if we did, Duke will promptly skull fuck us 12 hours later. Again, I don't know if the rumor is true, but if it is, then I don't see any scenario where he pulls a rabbit out of his hat. We are 30 minutes from the Joel tonight but with the lack of mental toughness BZZ instills, we might as well be playing in Fallujah.

I always have a funny feeling like we could pull tonights game out like we did with Miami. But even if this happens, order will be restored as a BZZ coached team will be a BZZ coached team: we will lose the following evening by 40 to Duke on National Television.

Jeff [Redacted] in today's Fayetteville Observer -
"Of course winning games gives you confidence and validates progress that's being made," [Redacted] said. "So we're going to work hard over THESE NEXT THREE GAMES to do better than we did the first couple of times we played Maryland."

Buzz obviously expects to lose in the semis on Saturday...

I just told my whole family! Oh heavens, yes yes yes!

That reminds me of this for some reason...

One thing kids like is to be tricked. For instance, I was going to
take my nephew to Disneyland, but instead I drove him to an old
burned-out warehouse. "Oh no," I said, "Disneyland burned down." He
cried and cried, but I think that deep down he thought it was a
pretty good joke. I started to drive over to the real Disneyland,
but it was getting pretty late.

That's some deep ass thoughts right there

Don't worry, he'll be happy to pull the plug on you......hey it'll be late. :)

That would be Norwood "Lookout" Teague, and the job is Minnesota.

Someone way earlier quoted a 2-3 month timeline for hiring a new AD. I for one, while happy to make two changes, would worry a lot about losing access to the best coaching candidates during that span. While I know it has to be done, it would be a very unfortunate, and hopefully not crippling, byproduct.

Teague isn't leaving Minnesota and the Big 10 for Wake Forest, LOL. For UNC, yes, but not WF.

Teague isn't leaving Minnesota and the Big 10 for Wake Forest, LOL. For UNC, yes, but not WF.

His salary at Minnesota is $400k. If we offer him $600k (still ~$200k less than Wellman's IIRC), I bet he'd take it.

UNC won't be open anytime soon. Not to say he would come to Wake, but he's not getting UNC anytime soon. He had his chance and they passed him over.

Serious question: If the rumor is true, do you elevate Battle to the head coaching position? I'm sure hiring a coach from another program would mean that most, if not all, of the current staff would be let go. I doubt Wellman wants to put the next coach in the position of having to keep the staff as he did with buzz.

Of course, the alternative is to try to lure a big name or up and coming coach such as Smart. Which way should we go?

I'd hate to see Battle, Rusty, Chill, and the others be sent packing.

No absolutely not. You hire the best coach you can and let everybody find their way. I'd hate to see everyone leave too but you fire the whole staff. Battle was close to going to Providence anyways and is one of the top assistants in the country. He's going to be fine. Childress will either just go back into the AD or he will find himself on his feet and I'm sure Rusty will be able to find something as well if he really wants to.

His salary at Minnesota is $400k. If we offer him $600k (still ~$200k less than Wellman's IIRC), I bet he'd take it.

Don't pussyfoot around. Give him the full $800K. Get his ass here TOMORROW and let him make the call to Shaka...

Back