• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread 123: Best Managed CT Ever. Thanks Rubbins! Hops PM Rubbins Please!

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have really lenient HR policies and a 37.5 hour standard work week, which they are emphatic that you follow - even managers and above don't work much more than a standard work week (except when occasional necessary):

From the HR handbook:
A. The standard schedule and days of work applicable to administrative, professional and clerical employees are 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM (including an unrestricted and unpaid one hour lunch), Monday through Friday. Administrative, professional and clerical employees may shift their hours as long as they are present during the core hours of 9:00 AM to 3:30 PM.

B. A remote working arrangement allows employees to work from a location other than their primary business location subject to the following:
2. no more than one (1) day per week or two (2) half-days per week is allowed;

Breaking Dane.
8h8t.jpg

Woofter White

mostly 9-5 ish but meehico time is like island time so you never know yesterday I worked 830am-3am but siesta'd from about 5-730pm. i operate a taco cart outside the bars at night. very lucrative (not just tacos!)

We have really lenient HR policies and a 37.5 hour standard work week, which they are emphatic that you follow - even managers and above don't work much more than a standard work week (except when occasional necessary):

From the HR handbook:
A. The standard schedule and days of work applicable to administrative, professional and clerical employees are 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM (including an unrestricted and unpaid one hour lunch), Monday through Friday. Administrative, professional and clerical employees may shift their hours as long as they are present during the core hours of 9:00 AM to 3:30 PM.

B. A remote working arrangement allows employees to work from a location other than their primary business location subject to the following:
2. no more than one (1) day per week or two (2) half-days per week is allowed;

We've had quite a few of our employees that work in our main office in CA request to switch to a 9-80 work calendar. You work 80 hours over 9 days in a 2 week period, instead of 10 days. Basically, every other weekend becomes a 3 day weekend.

My own personal work schedule is pretty free flowing. I work remotely and coordinate software development teams on nearly polar opposite sides of the world (California and India), so my hours vary a ton. Some nights I'm up until 2 or 3 AM and some days I don't start working until noon.

We've had quite a few of our employees that work in our main office in CA request to switch to a 9-80 work calendar. You work 80 hours over 9 days in a 2 week period, instead of 10 days. Basically, every other weekend becomes a 3 day weekend.

My dad has worked 4 10s for as long as I can remember. That was an awesome schedule for a parent to have. I wanted to shape the business like that when I started it but have had to go away from that business week.

This guy just came in the library who looks exactly like Jason Segal and he was asking for Buddy Rich stuff. YES. Mr. Weir got his message through!

I'm 8:00-5:00, but sometimes that's more like 8:30-4:30. If it's especially slow, I'm out of here ~4:15. It's silly to sit around when I've got other things to do, my boss recognizes that (thankfully) and as long as I am getting everything done, there's no point in me just sitting here. During January-February, hours are definitely longer. 8:00-6:00 or so. Weekend time is rare, but it happened a few times last year during budget season. Not the end of the world, but damn it sucks on a powder day on the mountain.
What bothers me is that as flexible as our hours are, my boss's boss is NOT open to the idea of a flex schedule for the whole year. This summer I was able to do nine hour days and have every other friday off; that was awesome. Other folks work four 10 hour days. I would totally do that if given the opportunity.

oooooh, he said a potty word

HUMP DAYYYYYY WOOT WOOOOOT.

Only a week and a half left in this internship before a three week break and classes starting back after Thanksgiving. Coming back to Winston the Friday before Thanksgiving so I can catch Camp's senior day against Duke. Excited to have a week+ back home.

I'm 8-5. There is some flexibility if I need to come in a little later or leave a little earlier (and truthfully, I have so many meetings and visits/trips out of the office, no one would know the difference). If I need to stay a little later to finish something, or look at something from home at night or on a weekend, I will, though that's fairly rare. Most stuff can wait until tomorrow.

The upside of a set schedule is that I can leave at 5. I also get a shitload of leave time.

Downside is that if I'm bored on a Friday, I can't take off at 3 without saying something. Also, being at work at 8 AM blows.
I have this same schedule/setup except that the college closes at 3 on Fridays (and my leave time is pretty normal/not a shitload). So I can leave at 3 without anyone saying anything. The lame thing about that is that if I take a Friday off I still have to take 8 hours...

I'm working in a different office today and there are a shit load of cubicles and one bro rocking the standing desk inside his cube. Looks kind of pretentious imo.

So it does sound like most companies have certain hours that people are expected to be there. Glad I wasn't incorrect in assuming that was common.

It would be really nice to have the opportunity to work 9 of 10 days (or 4 of 5 days) though. Sometimes in the summer we get early releases on Fridays which is quite a treat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back