• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread CCLXV: DDD takes a lover

Status
Not open for further replies.
I listened to the block on the radio and knew it was a special season

I also listened to that block on the radio, in a van driving back from Charlottesville. One of the greatest sports memories in my life

do y'all think I could get to the nashville airport for a 5:20 PM flight after the Wake/Vandy game

I was in my first year of law school and had some Wake buddies in town the weekend of the NC State game. That game took Wake to 6-1. Wake played at noon and UVA at 3:30 so we were score watching at the tailgate. We were so excited just to go bowling.
Yeah the dummy Virginia Tech game was hogging all the local radio and we didn't get Stan until crossing the border. My dad was texting me updates which I was reporting to the van. Radio came in for that final drive. I know I've told this story before, but the radio cut back out just before their final field goal attempt, faded "don't stop believing", then back for Chip Vaughn's heroics. One of the most important moments in wake football history

i watched the block in person like a real phan

yeah. my senior year. went to all home games except Clemson because at Miami for my sister's family weekend (they played UNC). we were following our score and tried to high tail it to find a TV to watch the Wake game and got in right after we got Gaines'd. also went to the State and Carolina games that season (plus ACCCG and OB, obvi).

phan and his dad are wake sports fans legends for their ACC game journey imo

Wait is phan the guy from the old boards who crowdfunded his journey back from Europe? Is that widely known?

It probably would have been cheaper to just buy a grilled chicken sandwich from a fast food restaurant. He is just a weirdo that stunk up his hotel room.

Haha, I had a pretty legitimate excuse...

I know, I know

Also I made like 50% of the away games that season too

same -- went to every game that season except at UCONN and Ole Miss

pretty sure that UCONN game wasn't even on tv in Winston -- think I played paintball that day

Jeremy Thompson had some 85-yard interception return TD, I believe

i think i could be a really good ranked DOTA support player if I wanted to but it's not really an aspiration of mine

My handicap is in the top 1% of golfers on earth. But there are so many people so much better than me (even just in Charlotte), I don't feel that good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back