• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread Mr. E Mann Ayger

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah, DC has great international food, but was curious about food items invented in/attributed to DC

an underrated Chicago one is jibaritos, which are sandwiches that use fried plantains in lieu of bread

wasn't old enough to catch it live but watched Pee-Wee's for a media class and my GOD what a beautifully weird show

I think I saw the movie before I watched the show tbh

Also $54 for two delivery sweetgreen salads, the other DC staple
Did DC popularize the stuff everything in a bowl quick service lunch place? obvi you had Chipotle before that, but they opened their Asian concept Shophouse in DC first (I loved that place) and then Sweetgreen and Cava got their start there. Not sure how it is now post-Covid but from like 2010-16 there were new bowl lunch places opening up all the damn time.

In just a few hours I'll be on plane Wi-Fi so I can try to go for the triple crown if you want

yeah, DC has great international food, but was curious about food items invented in/attributed to DC

an underrated Chicago one is jibaritos, which are sandwiches that use fried plantains in lieu of bread
halfsmoke is the one that comes to mind the most imo.

but international foods that are v popular in the region include Salvadoran, Vietnamese, Korean, Ethiopian

I can’t remember the last time I paid for food delivery to my location, home or otherwise. Has to be 5+ years

I can’t remember the last time I paid for food delivery to my location, home or otherwise. Has to be 5+ years
I had a wholesaler bring produce a few times and used to have milk delivered during 2020-21 but otherwise never

Did DC popularize the stuff everything in a bowl quick service lunch place? obvi you had Chipotle before that, but they opened their Asian concept Shophouse in DC first (I loved that place) and then Sweetgreen and Cava got their start there. Not sure how it is now post-Covid but from like 2010-16 there were new bowl lunch places opening up all the damn time.
Yes fast casual is very DC, and tons of chains started here or got big here

There’s a shitton of great Ethiopian and West Indian food in DC

I think more of MD suburbs when I think Salvadoran, we go to a place in Takoma Park for pupusas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back