• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread Nautilus: the Great British Bake Off is amazing, you guys

Status
Not open for further replies.
i've been laughing at this flowchart for a while now

C6-7XIKXAAspkha.jpg

Why multiple savings accounts? For signup bonuses?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

just for different purposes: one to start an emergency fund, one for house projects, one for travel/fun. Last year I felt guilt spending money on a vacation when I have house projects that I'd like to do, so I thought if I set up different accounts then I wouldn't feel bad spending the travel/fun cash on myself since I also already have money earmarked for responsible things. but now I've been thinking about just shifting all the money into the emergency fund anyway since it's too small.

just for different purposes: one to start an emergency fund, one for house projects, one for travel/fun. Last year I felt guilt spending money on a vacation when I have house projects that I'd like to do, so I thought if I set up different accounts then I wouldn't feel bad spending the travel/fun cash on myself since I also already have money earmarked for responsible things. but now I've been thinking about just shifting all the money into the emergency fund anyway since it's too small.

Ah, now I remember. That was good. Not sure if its as good as leebs living a life of depriving herself in the name of savings all while never looking into how her pension works. But was a good one.

Ah, now I remember. That was good. Not sure if its as good as leebs living a life of depriving herself in the name of savings all while never looking into how her pension works. But was a good one.

see it almost seems like that'd be up your alley because I'm actually setting aside money to #treatmyself. unless I shift all that into an emergency fund that I'll hopefully never have to touch. so many people on r/personalfinance are like "always have 6 month emergency fund" and sure that's cool but if you never have emergency then you just have thousands sitting there that you never touch ever.

You won't find what it looks like on the net

Like the most successful one I worked with would buy some strange companies, like Mattel toys or something, they sold ant farms believe it or not and made like a 35% return. They also scooped up like 30 apt complexes in 2009-2011

Usually they're promoted , like split evenly up to 15% return but after that the sponsor gets better than a pro-Rata share , say they're 10% partners they'll get 20% after you get a 15% return or 30% after you get a 20% return, etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounds complicated. I'm not rich enough for all that.

Nah I follow it. Just seems like the level I'd be getting in at may not be worth it. Idk I'm probably all talk on crazy investments and will stick to more traditional funds. Can't complain with the return I'm getting now.

Start with at least cutting & trimming and work from there. Just don't want my yard to look like Cambodia anymore, and I am gone so much during the times things grow. I will be out of town the next 5 straight weekends.

I pay $40 per cut and they come every other week while the grass is growing.

One of my friends has hired a lactation consultant or advisor or something. I had no idea that this was a thing and I still don't really have an idea what such a person does.

Ain't one single blade of grass on my property so my yard maintenance is pretty easy.

One of my friends has hired a lactation consultant or advisor or something. I had no idea that this was a thing and I still don't really have an idea what such a person does.

learning how to breastfeed can be incredibly stressful and difficult, so much so women would otherwise quit because they don't think they're physically (or mentally) able to do so. they teach moms how to do it

Nah I follow it. Just seems like the level I'd be getting in at may not be worth it. Idk I'm probably all talk on crazy investments and will stick to more traditional funds. Can't complain with the return I'm getting now.

HMU w/ your 15% fund!

Do you pay for any other services like weeding and pruning?

They cut and edge for $40 and then will charge extra for the pruning and cleaning out the beds. I cant remember the exact rate for pruning/weeding but I think maybe $75 per hour for two guys and $100 per hour for 3. I had to pay about $800 this fall for the pruning and removal of some random bushes but it was a ton of work because I hadn't done any yard work in the two years since I bought my house.

learning how to breastfeed can be incredibly stressful and difficult, so much so women would otherwise quit because they don't think they're physically (or mentally) able to do so. they teach moms how to do it

She's been doing it for going on 5 months now, but I guess there are issues or something. I guess I just always assumed that it was a pretty straightforward process that just happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back