• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CLAWS, SON! Gauging Interest in Having Flags Made

Are you the one that made the north carolina "state" flags for WFU?

Yes. Same guy. A number of old posters bought those for football tailgates.

In that case you're definitely the shady fuck that stole the design from one of the posters on the Scout board.

For those who don't know, the poster Die Hard Deacon came up with the WFU version of the NC State flag and solicited design criticism on the Scout boards. acclifer swooped in, stole the design, and then had the audacity to give DHD a free copy of the flag as payment for helping introduce the design to the Scout board crew.

This parasite apparently scours sports message boards for design ideas he can take and sell as his own.

In that case you're definitely the shady fuck that stole the design from one of the posters on the Scout board.

For those who don't know, the poster Die Hard Deacon came up with the WFU version of the NC State flag and solicited design criticism on the Scout boards. acclifer swooped in, stole the design, and then had the audacity to give DHD a free copy of the flag as payment for helping introduce the design to the Scout board crew.

This parasite apparently scours sports message boards for design ideas he can take and sell as his own.

SDeacz, just wanted to check back and see if you'd heard anything new on the vector file?

I was just thinking about this. PM me your email, and I'll shoot it to you. Creator said he'd get it to me today.

Awesome. Let me know which game you or he would want to swing by the tailgate. I''ll have something for you.

Thanks for getting me the design SDeacz. I've got a few requests for quotes to have the flags designed, and should have a rough price by the end of the week. Anyone else possibly interested in going in on an order to save production and shipping costs? I can have them printed and available at the first home game.

Thanks for getting me the design SDeacz. I've got a few requests for quotes to have the flags designed, and should have a rough price by the end of the week. Anyone else possibly interested in going in on an order to save production and shipping costs? I can have them printed and available at the first home game.

Send me the details when you have them.

I'll get one.

Spread the word around and see how many we can get. I just dont see it being feasible financially if we only have 4 or 5 done. If we can get 10 or 20 orders, it should come down to a more reasonable price. To order 1 or 2 it'd be $100 apiece, but ordering 3-5 drops it to $73. Ideally I think getting it down to $30-$35 is reasonable if we can garner enough interest since it'd be custom made and not mass marketed.

Spread the word around and see how many we can get. I just dont see it being feasible financially if we only have 4 or 5 done. If we can get 10 or 20 orders, it should come down to a more reasonable price. To order 1 or 2 it'd be $100 apiece, but ordering 3-5 drops it to $73. Ideally I think getting it down to $30-$35 is reasonable if we can garner enough interest since it'd be custom made and not mass marketed.

Can we change the thread title to get more attention to it?

Can we change the thread title to get more attention to it?
Done. I'm going to check around to a couple other different places as well. The cheapest I've found so far is $52 per flag, digitally printed, and that is if we order between 12-24. Still higher than I'd prefer, so I'll keep checking around. Obviously, I'd do this at cost. I'd love to see them out there en mass.

tsy, I'm still interested in one.

Not to throw a turd in the punch bowl, but I understand Wake fiercely protects and defends the university's copyrights and trademarks, etc. Great stuff. Expert legal advice needed IMO.

Not to throw a turd in the punch bowl, but I understand Wake fiercely protects and defends the university's copyrights and trademarks, etc. Great stuff. Expert legal advice needed IMO.

I've got a couple feelers out on this as well, but my understanding from a previous discussion was that as long as we don't use an established trademarked image, and the design won't be confused with an established trademarked image, its considered a parody and is allowable. Similar to the likeness we have as the header of our website.

I'll take 3, if the price is reasonable (around 30$), not $75

Can we get some clarification on the LK story please?

For the record I still have the Black and Gold WFU/State of NC hybrid flag hanging in my room. Not sure who was responsible for that but it is awesome.

Back