• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Clemson @ WFU - Saturday 9/24 - 12 Noon ABC

not saying we shouldn’t have blitzed more, but seems like folks are assuming that not getting pressure means we weren’t sending guys, which i don’t think was always the case. we just got spanked by their OL
We did send a good amount of pressure that got shut down by Clemson’s OL so hats off to them, but just my own gripe is that on at least three 3rd and longs in the second half, we either rushed three or four and DJ just sat back there and picked us apart. Didn’t necessarily determine the outcome of the game but pretty sure they went on to score on two of the three drives I’m thinking of. Could have been the difference maker.

Mostly disappointed that after Ellison picked up a first down and we had the ball at mid field with 2:30 remaining on the clock with Clemson down to one TO…we ran the ball on two plays and then the last play was clearly meant to be a QB keeper to put us in the middle of the field for a punt. Gutless play calling there. Have to take some shots and let our WR try to make a play.

Mostly disappointed that after Ellison picked up a first down and we had the ball at mid field with 2:30 remaining on the clock with Clemson down to one TO…we ran the ball on two plays and then the last play was clearly meant to be a QB keeper to put us in the middle of the field for a punt. Gutless play calling there. Have to take some shots and let our WR try to make a play.
You really gotta account for how the game is being officiated too. Receivers were getting the benefit of the doubt from the refs all game. Even if Clemson were in defensive formations that suggest run, you gotta put the ball in Sam's hands more when he was playing such an outstanding game.

Let a game slip away against a team with more talent and got too conservative late. There has never been an L under Clawson that has felt more like a Grobe one

Clawson sounds like I’ve never really heard him before. You can hear the disappointment in his voice.

I thought we played very well. The fact that we fought back down 14 out of the gate and forced Clemson to make several incredible plays just to get to OT is very impressive.

Clemson took away the pass and forced us to run. Had we kept throwing it deep it would have looked a lot like the last play of the game - a total prayer into double coverage.

Clemson is good. Their coaches are good. We were right there. Great game.

Plus, we covered.
We covered. Their secondary did the equivalent of hack-a-shack on our receivers until they tightened it up, and then we got good yards on the ground. The penalties were a huge part of keeping us in the game.

That facemask PI to keep Perry from scoring was eggregious - seems a personal on top of the play penalty should be warranted in those situations.

You really gotta account for how the game is being officiated too. Receivers were getting the benefit of the doubt from the refs all game. Even if Clemson were in defensive formations that suggest run, you gotta put the ball in Sam's hands more when he was playing such an outstanding game
Agree. I’m not saying to come out and throw it three times, but I’m also saying we absolutely shouldn’t have continued that drive after a first down at midfield with three straight fucking runs, either

We covered. Their secondary did the equivalent of hack-a-shack on our receivers until they tightened it up, and then we got good yards on the ground. The penalties were a huge part of keeping us in the game.

That facemask PI to keep Perry from scoring was eggregious - seems a personal on top of the play penalty should be warranted in those situations.
Defensive holding and PI on a successful catch should be at least 5 yards added to the end of the play.

Sometimes a team just makes one more play. That is what this game felt like to me. Maybe we should have done X,Y,Z thing. I really don't think this is a Grobe loss but I can understand if others do.

Most years, we go down 14-0 and its over. Team fought back. Clemson is a bit better and won.

When your beat and you intentionally take the receiver to the ground, should be a pi spot foul.

When your beat and you intentionally take the receiver to the ground, should be a pi spot foul.
PI should be a spot foul, period. We’ve used the 15 yard PI to our advantage (see, e.g., Megatron in the ACC championship game) and Clemson used it to theirs today.

I hope the team can recover from this. I really do. I don't get the decisions we made in the 2nd OT but whatever. It's over and an absolute total kick in the nuts. Actually a crowbar to the nuts.

We need to back a Brinks trunk up to someone’s house who can actually coach defense.

Clemson offensive series to end the game

TD
TD
FG
End 4th
TD
TD

You just will not beat any teams relying on the defense.

We need to back a Brinks trunk up to someone’s house who can actually coach defense.

I can't tell if it's personnel, coaching, scheming or a combination of all three. Either way, just any fucking defense on 3rd downs and we win this game today.

Clemson's quarterback who has looked pedestrian all year was f****** dropping dimes on huge plays time and time again

Back