• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

College Basketball Discussion: Carolina went to hell...

The fact that we have a very real chance to beat Carolina says more about Carolina than it does about us.

College Basketball Discussion

How in the world do you lose while shooting 50 free throws. That has to be a record.

Easy to do if you can't hit the broad side of a barn from the line. I was at the Carolina game. They had zero intensity, played laughable defense and missed easy put backs and such. It all depends which Carolina team shows up on any given night.

ETA: and oh my God, I had forgotten how ungodly obnoxious Carolina fans can be. I can take them in small doses, but surrounded by 15k of them was just unbearable. What a bunch of entitled assholes.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Easy to do if you can't hit the broad side of a barn from the line. I was at the Carolina game. They had zero intensity, played laughable defense and missed easy put backs and such. It all depends which Carolina team shows up on any given night.

ETA: and oh my God, I had forgotten how ungodly obnoxious Carolina fans can be. I can take them in small doses, but surrounded by 15k of them was just unbearable. What a bunch of entitled assholes.

Curry Shoff ‏@CurryShoff

Getting lectured by unc fans to quiet down.

Curry Shoff ‏@CurryShoff

Just got pulled away by Chapel Hill PD for cheering during the Tar Heels free throws. Holy ****. This is 100x worse than WVU.

Curry Shoff ‏@CurryShoff

3 unc fans are standing up for us. 20 are cheering for us to get kicked out. This is hilarious. What a pansy fanbase.

Curry Shoff ‏@CurryShoff

I'm going to write something awesome about this. Three great fans. 20 morons.

Curry Shoff ‏@CurryShoff

@DCWLN three unc fans ran to the concourse to tell them we are being good fans.

Curry Shoff ‏@CurryShoff

@CB_ChrisMoore unc fans in front of us were our saving grace.

Curry Shoff ‏@CurryShoff

FWIW, 3 unc fans were our saving grace. Otherwise we'd be kicked out of $135 tickets. Now some supervisor is sitting on our row. Too funny

Curry Shoff ‏@CurryShoff

@thedevilwolf @LakeRosenberg you're not allowed to cheer during unc free throws.

Easy to do if you can't hit the broad side of a barn from the line.

Obviously but I just don't know if I have ever seen a team shoot 50 free throws in a regulation game...let alone lose the game. That just seems impossible.

We were a couple of sections over from what I'm assuming was the altercation tweeted above. That was ridiculous.

I have to rant a minute about the free throw situation. All the Carolina fans around us were bitching and moaning about the refs ( and I saw bad calls and missed calls on both sides; the officiating crew didn't have a flawless night by any means). But dammit, when you miss that many free throws, you deserve to lose. And they were missing badly. UNC made Wake look like a 90% FT team.

Nice win for the Pack, this team is infinitely easier to cheer for than last years version. Should be a fun ACC season.

UNC has shot the following FT totals in games so far this year:
Belomont(L): 48
Richmond: 37
Louisville: 38
Kentucky: 45
Texas(L): 47

So this isn't the only time they have lost while shooting nearly 50 FT's.

We were a couple of sections over from what I'm assuming was the altercation tweeted above. That was ridiculous.

I have to rant a minute about the free throw situation. All the Carolina fans around us were bitching and moaning about the refs ( and I saw bad calls and missed calls on both sides; the officiating crew didn't have a flawless night by any means). But dammit, when you miss that many free throws, you deserve to lose. And they were missing badly. UNC made Wake look like a 90% FT team.

Anyone that complains about the refs while shooting 50 free throws should be taken out and shot.

I wonder how many teams can claim to have shot 45+ FTs in a game this year. I bet its very few. Off the top of my head I'm pretty sure Wake hasn't. UNC has done it 3 times now in 11 games.

If the UNC basketball team was a television character, it would be Carrie Matheson.

And the refs were constantly reviewing everything Texas was doing: Elbows, 3 point shots....the fix felt like it was in. I can't believe that Barnes was as calm as he was. UNC also had 3 "strips" as Texas was driving in for layups in the last 2 minutes. How often do you see that type of play not called a foul, let alone 3 times with no call?

And the refs were constantly reviewing everything Texas was doing: Elbows, 3 point shots....the fix felt like it was in. I can't believe that Barnes was as calm as he was. UNC also had 3 "strips" as Texas was driving in for layups in the last 2 minutes. How often do you see that type of play not called a foul, let alone 3 times with no call?

He's used to getting fucked over in the Dean Dome from his Clemson days.

He's used to getting fucked over in the Dean Dome from his Clemson days.

Oh, I know this - which would lead me to believe that he would have less patience with all of the Nose Dome Shenanigans....but, he was completely calm. Xanax?

Oh, I know this - which would lead me to believe that he would have less patience with all of the Nose Dome Shenanigans....but, he was completely calm. Xanax?

Barnes always seems mellow on the sidelines. Not sure if it is pharmaceutical though.

For some reason, Florida State is wearing blue uniforms today. It's a blue cupcake icing shade of electric blue.

Back