• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

College Basketball Discussion: Carolina went to hell...

So awesome to see the ACC logo on the carrier dome floor. I hope Carolina and Duke never make another ACC championship.

Ugh oh, Tony C picking up a tech! #culture

Chennault with the dumbass tech with a minute left in the Cuse game.

Virginia lost by 35 to Tennessee tonight. Holy shit. State beat UNCG by only 4 in Greensboro.

Last edited:
Yet people STILL love Tony Bennett.

Aside from the top 2, the ACC is so, so bad.

Still better than it has been the past two years.

You can say that about Wake hoops, too. Doesn't mean much.

We'd be on top of the conference now with a legit coach.

I watched that UVA game. Looked familiar.

UVA has at least one total head scratcher per year. I'm sure the folks in Charlottesville will get tired of it soon.

UVA plummeted to #43 in KenPom after that debacle last night.

UVA plummeted to #43 in KenPom after that debacle last night.

Just shut down Joe Harris and they're awful. Kinda like us with Codi. He'll drop 30 on McKie though, so they'll probably destroy us.

Yet people STILL love Tony Bennett.

Aside from the top 2, the ACC is so, so bad.

I still like Bennett, but last night was awful. Some of it was Tennessee shooting a much higher % than normal and payback for getting blown out here last year. It hasn't been a good start to the season for UVA. After seeing that Perrantes and Brogdon could handle the point against VCU, I was optimistic for a good season. They outplayed VCU and just blew the last 3:00 of that game. But they've looked awful against Wisconsin, W-GB and Tennessee. And Harris has played like crap for the most part. He was a legit 1st team all-ACC player last year while being the focus of most defenses. And now he has shot poorly and been sloppy in most of UVA's games. The other thing they're doing this year is, once they get behind, they panic and take bad, forced shots. I think they need to go to their big men down low more and post up Brogdon when he has smaller guards on him. They better get out of their funk soon if they want to be a tournament team. And not making it this year would be a big disappointment.

Tennessee's loss at home to NC State is one of the big mysteries of the season. In addition to beating UVA by 30+ at home, Tennessee beat Xavier by 15 in the Bahamas, and Wake Forest by 19 in the Bahamas. They were very competitive in a loss at undefeated Wichita State. While it is bad loss for UVA, Tennessee appears solid this year (again, making the home loss to NC State seem very flukey).

Tennessee is an inconsistent shooting team. When they shoot lights out like last night, they're real good. When they impersonate masons, they're not so good. Same thing happens with UVA occasionally. They tend to get hot and cold as a team, not individually.

Really impressed with ISU. They've been up on Baylor all night and DeAndre Kane has been outstanding. Niang is a Jared Dudley-clone.

Scott Drew is of the Roy Williams variety. He's had a ton of success and he just strikes me as an awful coach. I can't figure out how his teams win so many games relative to the fact that his teams rarely look prepared and don't adjust particularly well. Talent matters, I guess.

Really impressed with ISU. They've been up on Baylor all night and DeAndre Kane has been outstanding. Niang is a Jared Dudley-clone.

Scott Drew is of the Roy Williams variety. He's had a ton of success and he just strikes me as an awful coach. I can't figure out how his teams win so many games relative to the fact that his teams rarely look prepared and don't adjust particularly well. Talent matters, I guess.

Fred Hoiberg is the freakin man.

Tyler Lewis just does not look like he belongs on a basketball court.

Back