• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

College Basketball Discussion: Carolina went to hell...

Odd. That's not a color I normally associate with Native Americans.

"The turquoise color is deeply symbolic of friendship and community in Native American culture, reflecting the support of four schools to elevate the power of sport both inside and outside Native communities."

for a guy that was pretty hyped up, Mark Turgeon has been pretty terrible at Maryland so far.

Davidson had their chance in regulation. They lost their top player to fouls. UNC will win.

Turquoise is very much associated with Native Americans in the Southwest.

NOW UP 8 with 2 mins to go! That's just classic ACC talent overwhelming the Bucks!

lol the ACC logo on the back of the ND jersey looks like it was glued on at the last minute

DAMMIT they haven't used their ACC influence quite yet. they'll get there.

#RJcalloutpost

Bojanovsky must have heard you talking smack because he's been on a tear (at #15 Florida, at Minnesota, and vs. #22 UMass):

17.1 mpg -- 11 ppg, 3.8 rpg, and 3.4 bpg while shooting 85% FG and 90% FT

Not bad for a 7'3 stiff.

for a guy that was pretty hyped up, Mark Turgeon has been pretty terrible at Maryland so far.

Was never impressed with him to begin with. His style of play will suffer due to new rules. Mad fans and national media made it like he was the we I d coming of K when he was hired while trashing the Gott hire, good call there.

ND might be done now that Jerian Grant is out for the year.

Notre Dame star guard Jerian Grant will not be enrolled for the rest of the season due to an academic issue, he announced on Sunday.

“I am no longer part of the basketball program and will not be on the court competing with my teammates for the remainder of the 2013-14 season,” Grant said in a statement.

“I take full responsibility for my lack of good judgment and the poor decision that I made. I have no one to blame but myself for the situation. I know and understand the expectations that go with being a student at Notre Dame and I did not live up to those standards.”

He said he plans to return to Notre Dame following the spring semester, and hopes to play his final season of college basketball in South Bend.

"I understand that there is a process that I must go through in order to come back to school and I will be patient with that process," Grant said.

Grant, a 6-foot-5 redshirt junior, is averaging 19.0 points and 6.2 assists. On Saturday, he went for 18 points and four assists in the Fighting Irish's demoralizing loss to Ohio State. He has been one of the more underrated guards during his three seasons at Notre Dame since redshirting his freshman season.

Without Grant, Mike Brey will still have to rely on his perimeter, but freshman Demetrius Jackson will likely have to shoulder more of a scoring role. He has started seven games this season, but he will need to pick up some of the scoring slack and help Eric Atkins and Pat Connaughton in the backcourt. Moreover, Brey might have to go with a bigger lineup at times, possibly meaning more minutes for Zach Auguste and Tom Knight.

The Fighting Irish are 8-4, with the next game coming against Canisius on Dec. 29.

He obviously messed up big time, but I am impressed that he is the one that made that public statement vs. just having the school do so.

Back