• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Comey to Tesitfy About Trump Confrontations

People need to stop thinking any of this leads to impeachment. Ever. Even if the Dems take control of the House in 2018. What it leads too is a further weakening of the President's ability to get anything done during his presidency, and the ability of Dems to take over the House in 2018 and the presidency in 2020 based on the President being a complete lame duck.

But that pre-supposes the Democrats actually develop a workable economic message, which is far from a sure thing.

Yeah, someone has said it on here before but impeachment is a political weapon not a legal one - although it can certainly be rooted in legal concerns (and normally is).

I think Comey is going to lay out a pretty intriguing picture. If he has recorded every single conversation via a memo like he says he has, then Trump is in a world of trouble.

Recording a conversation usually implies you have at the very least audio, not sitting down post hoc and writing things that could just as easily be made up (as I'm sure each one of you would imply was the case if Trump produces his own memos). If Comey were to do that the only one in trouble would be Comey for not reporting it if he felt impropriety had taken place.

Recording a conversation usually implies you have at the very least audio, not sitting down post hoc and writing things that could just as easily be made up (as I'm sure each one of you would imply was the case if Trump produces his own memos). If Comey were to do that the only one in trouble would be Comey for not reporting it if he felt impropriety had taken place.

That is why he wrote the memos and shared them with his chief of staff.

I'm confused because we are supposed to trust police officers accounts of what happened, sometimes given 30 days after an incident. :noidea:

I'm confused because we are supposed to trust police officers accounts of what happened, sometimes given 30 days after an incident. :noidea:

If you recognize tintin is dumb as fuck, you will cease to be confused.

Last edited:
You don't think much of ducks. what have they ever done to you?

Ducks are great. Wood Ducks are my favorite:
Wood-Ducks.jpg

Not sure why you guys even bother engaging Moonz. Either he's too dumb to breathe for himself or, what I believe, enjoying the trolling.

Attorneys write memos to the file after meetings with clients, depositions, pre-trial hearings, etc. Maybe it's because it's the norm in my professional experience, but I really don't understand the questioning of the rationale for memorializing conversations after they occur or the validity of those observations, which are generally recorded shortly after the meeting.

Memo's are utilized in a lot of professions. They aren't meant to be a word by word account of what happened, but instead an overview of the meeting that can be relied upon on later as to what happened. If Comey has memos that he wrote right after every meeting and gave to his chief of staff (that can't be revised) then that will go a long way in this testimony. Unless you think Comey was playing the long game from the beginning and setting Trump up?

This also is not the first time that Comey's has been involved in situations where memos proved to be quite helpful:

'In 2007, the typewritten notes of Robert S. Mueller III, the F.B.I. director at that time, helped resolve a dispute over the Bush administration’s warrantless surveillance program.

Mr. Comey, as it happens, was also involved. He testified in 2007 before a congressional committee about a series of meetings and phone conversations about the surveillance program he had in 2004, when he was deputy attorney general.

Mr. Comey, who had opposed the surveillance program, had different recollections than senior White House officials, and Mr. Mueller’s notes provided key corroboration of Mr. Comey’s version of events.

Mr. Comey had also documented concerns about the Bush administration’s use of brutal interrogation tactics in 2005 in emails, which were made public in part in The New York Times in 2009."

Not sure why you guys even bother engaging Moonz. Either he's too dumb to breathe for himself or, what I believe, enjoying the trolling.

check out the big brain on bym

Is there a more direct source or quote about whether he's actually deciding on this? The article seems to be written based solely on this quote:

"But asked directly whether Trump would use executive privilege to prevent Comey from speaking with lawmakers, Conway added: "The president will make that decision."

Am I overthinking this? The phrasing about trying to block the testimony was from the question she was asked, not her volunteering any information about trumps plans.

I think I just inadvertently defended Trump. I need a shower

Is there a more direct source or quote about whether he's actually deciding on this? The article seems to be written based solely on this quote:

"But asked directly whether Trump would use executive privilege to prevent Comey from speaking with lawmakers, Conway added: "The president will make that decision."

Am I overthinking this? The phrasing about trying to block the testimony was from the question she was asked, not her volunteering any information about trumps plans.

I think I just inadvertently defended Trump. I need a shower

It's a good question...especially when Kellyanne Conway is involved.

Survey says... yes.

Trump Reviewing Whether to Block Comey Testimony to Senate

More stories by Jennifer Jacobs
The White House is reviewing whether to invoke executive privilege to prevent former FBI Director James Comey from testifying before a congressional panel next week.

Comey is scheduled to testify Thursday before the Senate Intelligence Committee about his May 9 firing by President Donald Trump. The panel is investigating Russian meddling in the 2016 presidential election and whether the president or his associates were involved.

Asked Friday if the White House might invoke executive privilege, Press Secretary Sean Spicer told reporters: "That committee hearing was just noticed, and I think obviously it’s got to be reviewed.”

He said he had not spoken to the White House counsel, Don McGahn, about the matter.

A second White House official confirmed that the issue is under review.

https://www.bloomberg.com/politics/...ether-to-block-comey-testimony-spokesman-says

Last edited:
Trump to decide whether to block Comey testimony: White House adviser

Why?

http://mobile.reuters.com/article/idUSKBN18T1WZ

-----
U.S. intelligence agencies have concluded the Russian government sought to influence the U.S. election in Trump's favor, a charge Russia has denied. Russian President Vladimir Putin, however, said on Thursday some Russians may have acted on their own.
------

Is this new info? Seems like an important admission even if it's probably false.

If anyone would like to provide an explanation for why Trump might block Comey's testimony, please enlighten us.

Back