• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Conference Expansion: Stanford, California and SMU Join the ACC

Here's the Girls of the ACC Tiers:

Tier 1(0 beers): Carolina, FSU, Clemson
Tier 2 (0-4 beers depending on the sorority): Virginia, Miami, Wake Forest, Cuse
Tier 3(3-7 beers): NC State, Pitt, BC, Louisville
Tier 4(12 beers a shot of tequila and a slippery nipple): VA tech, Ga tech, duke

NC State has 13,000 women, mostly from the state of NC, but you think you need a 6-pack of beer before you'd give them the pleasure of your company ?

Mt Airy is the armpit I left every weekend for 30 years while city professionals visited Bed and Breakfasts, a winery and Andy Griffith stuff. I still can’t figure the tourist attraction of the town.
I dare you to live in Kinston, NC. Double dare you.
So spoiled! Been a lot of places in my travels including the Middle East but, Starke,FL is indeed hell on earth.

yeah i got that impression when you decided to put women into Tiers.
200.webp

Sorry for deviating from dick measuring and female ranking but can somebody explain what the deal is with the NC State sunshine pumping? Heard multiple national media types that sounded extremely optimistic about Armstrong and his old OC from VA reuniting there but if they couldn't win more than 8 with Leary then I'm confused where this supposed 9th or 10th win is going to come from with Armstrong at QB.

Sorry for deviating from dick measuring and female ranking but can somebody explain what the deal is with the NC State sunshine pumping? Heard multiple national media types that sounded extremely optimistic about Armstrong and his old OC from VA reuniting there but if they couldn't win more than 8 with Leary then I'm confused where this supposed 9th or 10th win is going to come from with Armstrong at QB.
That's always the deal with State. They get hyped about a 10+ win season that never materializes. That's true for all sports.

Leary wasn't that good but neither is Armstrong.

That's always the deal with State. They get hyped about a 10+ win season that never materializes. That's true for all sports.

True historically, but I disagree for this year. I think Armstrong is excellent (but everything else that was wrong with Virginia last year masked that). Think Sam Howell Soph year versus Sam Howell Junior year. State has the pieces that Virginia lacked.

Remember when State had Phillip Rivers and they were going to win a title. All they had to do was focus on whipping OSU in Columbus.
That was amazing. And Wake crushed their dreams in Winston while they were eyeing that trip to Columbus.

They were hyped based on the 11-win Gator Bowl season the previous year. Of course, this was their non-con schedules: New Mexico, ETSU, Navy, Texas Tech, and UMass. So it took an extra game and two FBS opponents to get 11 wins.

if there is a school with more delusions of grandeur than state someone please name them. To be considered the school must:
a) think they're a sleeping national power AND
b) have not won a conference title in football or basketball in 30 years

That was amazing. And Wake crushed their dreams in Winston while they were eyeing that trip to Columbus.

They were hyped based on the 11-win Gator Bowl season the previous year. Of course, this was their non-con schedules: New Mexico, ETSU, Navy, Texas Tech, and UMass. So it took an extra game and two FBS opponents to get 11 wins.
that was my class's first home game as freshmen students. we rushed the field. our last game as students was the OB.

Would make sense for Carolina or VT (when they are up) to receive that kind of glazing pre-season but NC State is odd. Can't remember them ever breaking eight wins despite putting quite a few guys in the NFL.

that was my class's first home game as freshmen students. we rushed the field. our last game as students was the OB.
And then our dreams came crashing down with that loss to Purdue. First game as a ranked team since the Independence Bowl season. First home game as a ranked team since 1979.

Back