• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Conference Expansion: Stanford, California and SMU Join the ACC

Meanwhile, Tate Rodemaker has put his name into the portal, leaving the guy that started against Louisville to be facing UGA.

Bet heavy on the Dawgs, my friends.

Maleficent 7?

If the ACC collects $500+M from each, they can likely buy their own TV network.

Suck it sec and big20.

This is just relying on that same tweet from Swaim that I posted yesterday and everyone said was BS.

Good question. Bowls will be even less important and less interesting after the 12-team CFP. Not sure how to fix that. I'm not sure if anything needs to be fixed. Athletic departments, fans, and sponsors will still want bowls. ESPN will still want the content.
I don’t want bowls. They are a waste of time and meaningless. Expand a playoff and kill the bowl system. It’s something that is way past its shelf life.

This is true. However, it's not like we had a decision. We were good at the time thanks to Dick Hemric. We owe Dick Hemric everything. If you are bad at the wrong time, you are screwed for 50 years or more. We are picking a horrible time to be bad.
Agreed on Hemric. Sadly it’s a different era now and I don’t think our lack of winning has anything to do with where we stand. We would need 30 years of dominance in men’s basketball or football for us to even have a seat at the little kids table. That’s Duke and ND- more so ND but K’s rise did a lot for Duke. We tried to become Duke lite in the 90’s with Hearn making our school national and hoping Tim Duncan would be our more likeable Christian Laettner. We’ve been chasing both and now Vandy too- for 30 years now.

Take that f$u! The truth hurts.

Have to believe that the best of Wake, holes and duke attorneys can handle this.

Yep. Case closed.

Agreed on Hemric. Sadly it’s a different era now and I don’t think our lack of winning has anything to do with where we stand. We would need 30 years of dominance in men’s basketball or football for us to even have a seat at the little kids table. That’s Duke and ND- more so ND but K’s rise did a lot for Duke. We tried to become Duke lite in the 90’s with Hearn making our school national and hoping Tim Duncan would be our more likeable Christian Laettner. We’ve been chasing both and now Vandy too- for 30 years now.
I think this is right. Dukes been winning all this time and the best I see happening to them is a Big East invite.

I think this is right. Dukes been winning all this time and the best I see happening to them is a Big East invite.
Yeah I mean they still aren’t going to make this super conference either but they will have a much softer landing than we will if ACC completely implodes.

We’re never going to become more nationally known academically without a BUNCH more grad programs.

Do you think this is part of our plan?
I only know folks on the Humanities side. I can tell you that the Div School enrollment is laughably low and the RS department dropped their MA. I would doubt anything gets added in Humanities. I wouldn’t be surprised if they add some stuff in the Wake Downtown engineering areas. What we really need are PhD programs. From my own viewpoint, though, it is unethical to be adding new ones when people can’t get jobs out of programs that are already established.

Last edited:
Maleficent 7?

If the ACC collects $500+M from each, they can likely buy their own TV network.

Suck it sec and big20.

Rep's from Wake, Duke, GT ,'Cuse and BC need to band together and proactively plan their next steps in the event the ACC implodes. They could start with a Professor Jennings-type demand to be taken seriously, and after that...well, just wait and see!

Take that f$u! The truth hurts.

Have to believe that the best of Wake, holes and duke attorneys can handle this.

Yep. Case closed.

As usual, Mike gets it! I agree that FSU shares most of the blame for being in this predicament. I'm so glad someone finally pointed out the awful Affirmative Action hire of Stan Wilcox who wrecked the program was the biggest as he wasn't ready to be an AD.

I've always liked Mike Bianchi even though, he is a Gator. UF will make 800 million more dollars than FSU over the next 10 years.

Back