• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT 107: taggers obsessed with titles

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Marathons are dumb and humans weren't meant to run them, or any distance for that matter, unless it falls between 1.5 and 10 kilometers, and even then your race accolades are for personal enjoyment and not for sharing with others under any circumstances."

That's my guess.

I thought it was going to be more about the not wanting to run part so it would be something like "my pinkie finger has run more than you'll ever run".

Just found out how to use the "Who Posted?" feature on threads. Townie, you came back with a vengence on that last CT. 237 posts, well done.

Just found out how to use the "Who Posted?" feature on threads. Townie, you came back with a vengence on that last CT. 237 posts, well done.

I was probably no joke on the one before, too, with my animal pics.

wakephan likes to play down his running career now that he's an austin hipster and it isn't cool anymore

I have Wake Alumni and Virginia Law Alumni stickers. But I also drive a car that is 14 years old with 177K miles.

I got a little jelly when we went to CarMax to look at new cars this week.

So my shower has separate knobs for hot and cold water. I've noticed that to adjust temperature, I always adjust them up for more hot or more cold, rather than adjusting down for less hot or less cold. I'd be able to turn either down moderately without impacting the water pressure but I never do. Wonder how much of a difference that makes in terms of power consumption to heat the water?

one thing I really dig in my new house is that the bathroom sink is normal: one faucet and you can adjust hot and cold. my apartment had separate spigots for hot water and cold water so I could never make warm.

I have Wake Alumni and Virginia Law Alumni stickers. But I also drive a car that is 14 years old with 177K miles.

I got a little jelly when we went to CarMax to look at new cars this week.

I've got a Deacon Head on the rear window of my truck; that's it for stickers. It's an '05 with 111K, so whatever. I've got to take it in for what I hope is just a bad wheel bearing, but I've been looking at new trucks online lately as well. I was hoping to go for at least 150K on this thing before upgrading.

"Marathons are dumb and humans weren't meant to run them, or any distance for that matter, unless it falls between 1.5 and 10 kilometers, and even then your race accolades are for personal enjoyment and not for sharing with others under any circumstances."

That's my guess.

images

Just patently false. If my chick is a better gymnast or a yoga instructor or whatever, or hell, even if she was a better runner than me, it means she's fit, and that's hot.

Palma's relationship advice has to be near the bottom the chat thread has to offer.

Well you're like the contrarian everything to society, so its clear I'm right. Yoga and gymnastics don't count, no guy cares about either of those things. But running marathons has a stereotype of being for weirdos. Nobody wants to date someone who can bench more than they can.

Applying a Wake or Deacon head sticker was one of the first things I did after getting my new car. Well it wasn't new, but it was new to me. Putting decals on the window doesn't damage the car, I'm not sure why some of you who have anything on their car feel the need to qualify with "but it is old/high mileage." :confused:

I mean yeah don't do this to a new car, but a couple decals seems pretty standard.

too-many-bumper-stickers.jpg

Well you're like the contrarian everything to society, so its clear I'm right. Yoga and gymnastics don't count, no guy cares about either of those things. But running marathons has a stereotype of being for weirdos. Nobody wants to date someone who can bench more than they can.

see you're missing the point here dude. you're right, i don't give two shits about yoga and gymnastics personally, but a girl that can do them (and even a beginner at either would be better than me) has certain characteristics about her that are desirable to me. same with a girl who can marathon.

i will agree with your last statement, tho.

also your opinions on most things are way weirder than mine, i'd venture.

Applying a Wake or Deacon head sticker was one of the first things I did after getting my new car. Well it wasn't new, but it was new to me. Putting decals on the window doesn't damage the car, I'm not sure why some of you who have anything on their car feel the need to qualify with "but it is old/high mileage." :confused:

I mean yeah don't do this to a new car, but a couple decals seems pretty standard.

too-many-bumper-stickers.jpg

I was talking about bumper stickers when I made a comment about age. I'd rather not put stickers on a shiny new car but if it's older and beat up and not going to be resold then I'm cool with it.

And I definitely wouldn't want to date a guy who benches less than I can. I am super duper weak.

Weight lifting is a total different thing than running.

And marathons are for weirdos? really? So many people run them, especially for fundraising, things like Team in Training and such. But running as many marathons as I do, and doing ultras, I won't pretend that's common.

I've been seeing a bunch of girls in the county I grew up in that have begun to do those body building competitions. Their pictures are all over facebook and it is a little disturbing. I think one of the area gyms is really pushing the competitions since 1) they can get people to use personal trainers and 2) they host several of the competitions a year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back