• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT, pickles and political therapy, perfect ending.

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is intended as a happy post. Not sympathy post.

My wife and I split earlier this year. Official separation date was May. For the best. We are still kind of friends. Nothing too bad was involved. Just a married couple heading in a couple different directions.

Anyways, I'm doing well, and my ex is too. Our daughter is handling things like the champ she is. She's surrounded by love.

All that said, I've never been more grateful on a Christmas Eve than I am tonight. Spent all day with my daughter. We just left cookies out for Santa and read Night Before Christmas. Getting to tuck her in tonight and do the Christmas morning Santa thing is one of my bigger victories of all time.

Family looks different to everyone, and especially mine this year. But my life is about as beautiful and fulfilling as it's ever been.

Back to being dad before I evolve into a bourbon drinking, cookie eating Santa.

Cheers to all!
Sorry to hear - even if it's the right thing I can imagine it is a difficult decision to make and follow through with. Best of luck in the next chapter.

Welcome back and Merry Christmas!

I hate to ask, but was her mom properly charged?
My parents adopted her 45 yrs ago…I really don’t recall at this point.

@CreamyGoodness much love man. It’s never easy

Thanks all for the bday wishes. This CT has become a surprisingly meaningful part of my or it. You are all appreciated.

Got birthday texts today from 2 of my 3 daughters…first time in 4 yrs. Heard from the stepson today also…first time in probably 3-4 mths. Today did not suck

Last edited:
What type of ice cream maker do you have?

Or are you cranking it on Christmas Eve? (Not that there’s anything wrong with that)
This one. Wife got it for me a few years ago. There are some less expensive Cuisinarts that would do the job just fine. Ice cream was for tonight, and I made hot fudge to go with.

Cuisinart Ice Cream Maker Machine, 2 Quart, Cool Creations Frozen Yogurt, Gelato, Sorbet Maker, LCD Screen and Timer, Stainless Steel, ICE-70P1 https://a.co/d/c0HLhyd

What recipe did you end up using?
NYT. I left out the chocolate but topped with hot fudge. It was good!

This one. Wife got it for me a few years ago. There are some less expensive Cuisinarts that would do the job just fine. Ice cream was for tonight, and I made hot fudge to go with.

Cuisinart Ice Cream Maker Machine, 2 Quart, Cool Creations Frozen Yogurt, Gelato, Sorbet Maker, LCD Screen and Timer, Stainless Steel, ICE-70P1 https://a.co/d/c0HLhyd
Nice. We have a 15+ year old Cuisinart. There's no timer or anything and it's hard to get the texture right.

It's not that great which discourages me from making ice cream at all.

I've been seeing ads for Ninja Creami, so I'm thinking about upgrading.

Cinnamon rolls rising! (@DeaconCav06)

@PhDeac ive heard the creami is not good. I’ve not had an issue with our cuisinart ice cream maker. We’ve got the one a step down from big baller Barca Cuisinart Ice Cream Maker Machine, 1.5 Quart Sorbet, Frozen Yogurt Maker, Double Insulated, White, ICE-21P1 https://a.co/d/h2vpkZd

Cinnamon rolls rising! (@DeaconCav06)

@PhDeac ive heard the creami is not good. I’ve not had an issue with our cuisinart ice cream maker. We’ve got the one a step down from big baller Barca Cuisinart Ice Cream Maker Machine, 1.5 Quart Sorbet, Frozen Yogurt Maker, Double Insulated, White, ICE-21P1 https://a.co/d/h2vpkZd
This one is much cheaper than the one you said you had.

Just read the Food Network review of the Creami and it compared the ice cream texture to Dippin' Dots. So yeah, I'll look for something else.

i think i;m the one you meant @myDeaconmyhand
We used the term retarted growing up. Neurodivergent doesn't seem right to me. My sister has brain damage because her mother beat the shit out of her when she was an infant.... i don't know what the term is..not sure i care, she's my half black half puerto rican mentally retarted sister who is an absolute miracle that she has come as far as she has and i love her to death,
I like you.

I like a lot of you.

It's possible I've been drinking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back