• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT Vermont, Threeve: I wish I could figure it out but the world's upside down

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think you’re mixing things up here. Could be wrong but I’m pretty sure DF07 had to watch us play a truly painful game of beer pong (it was a little windy out), and then we went straight to the Team Friendship tailgate, and then you left tail between your legs to go hang with Apetit.
I recall playing both pong and cornhole with DF07, with DF07 having the plastic boards (closer to one another)

i've been to that drive shack!
It’s become a super popular spot for corporate outings which makes sense but sucks for me because they always start at like 5/6 which makes for an awful drive from my house or office. The Top Golf they are building off Page Rd is supposed to be opening soon I think and will be much closer for me.

“We found that 21.6% of adults, or about 1.7 million people, in Michigan do not want children and therefore are ‘childfree.’ That’s more than the population of Michigan’s nine largest cities,” said Zachary Neal, associate professor in MSU’s psychology department and co-author of the study.

The study — published in Scientific Reports — used a set of three questions to identify childfree individuals separately from parents and other types of nonparents. The researchers used data from a representative sample of 1,500 adults who completed MSU’s State of the State Survey, conducted by the university’s Institute for Public Policy and Social Research. Because different types of nonparents are impossible to distinguish in official statistics, Neal explained that this study is one of the first to specifically count childfree adults.

“People — especially women — who say they don’t want children are often told they’ll change their mind, but the study found otherwise,” said Jennifer Watling Neal, associate professor in the psychology department at MSU and co-author of the study. “People are making the decision to be childfree early in life, most often in their teens and twenties. And, it’s not just young people claiming they don’t want children. Women who decided in their teens to be childfree are now, on average, nearly 40 and still do not have children.”

i don't really find the top golf places any more fun than a regular driving range

I invited kids over to help me make a Lego set and like 10 minutes later immediately regretted it cause I wanted to do it myself rather than watch them slowly fumble around with it. Although that age where they can start fielding baseballs looks fun.

This is definitely me. If anything I feel more strongly about my choice now but mainly due to how radically my life would have to change.
Same with us. We've been together for about 10 years and have been on the same page about not having kids since the jump, but the position has definitely become more secure over time for the same reason.

Being an uncle is a good sweet spot for me. We spoil the shit out of our niece and nephews and the older ones are getting to the age where they actually ask for advice on shit and have real interests that we can overindulge now, so that's cool.

Is Cloud Atlas a good book? I need some recs for the library trip today.

Is Cloud Atlas a good book? I need some recs for the library trip today.
I know some people who loved. Personally, I didn't care for it.

The recs are for high schoolers right?

So, I seemed to have missed the link/contact for helping Mako out on the field renovation fund. Point a brother in the right direction here.

when you watch golf on tv, what are you watching?

swing technique?

Is there any sport with a ball where fans aren’t primarily watching for the ball to go in the goal (basket, net, hole, etc).

Is there any sport with a ball where fans aren’t primarily watching for the ball to go in the goal (basket, net, hole, etc).
but it's just a white dot against the blue sky for most of the shot!

So, I seemed to have missed the link/contact for helping Mako out on the field renovation fund. Point a brother in the right direction here.

me, too, please!

@mako - have you ever read The Rings of Saturn?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back