• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT VT Fournication: Nothing ever lasts forever. Everybody wants to rule the chat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
down to 4 flagged tasks left in outlook. This is the lowest I've gotten in 5 years.

Wednesday wine tastings are my favorite days. We have reps in to pour and I just get to smile, ring people up, and taste wine with the occasional random question tossed my direction.

We all agree that Caillou sucks right? I see like a thread once a month with parents complaining about how bad that show is
it has been 15 years since i had occasion to watch that whiny canadian bitch ass and i still remember insisting on changing the channel lest our kids pick up any of his habits.

Wednesday wine tastings are my favorite days. We have reps in to pour and I just get to smile, ring people up, and taste wine with the occasional random question tossed my direction.
my Last Bottle speed round bottles showed up today. looking forward to trying this barbaresco i got

Mine haven't shipped yet. I did a Chablis and a Riesling that I'm definitely excited to try!

just read a bloomberg article about the extravagances around F1 cities like Miami and man, $6,000 a head dinners are apparently a thing

How does one have a conversation with their significant other saying just because we have range on houses doesn’t mean you can only look at the houses at the very top of that range?

I know I said walkability was my main focus, but I didn’t think I needed to say affordability was actual my main concern.

Also a house in the middle of the range with a 400 a month HOA really isn’t in the middle of the range is it?

Also when I say we probably shouldn’t buy something at the top of our range how does she hear that as me saying only look at homes at the very bottom. I’m just saying do the math when you look at a house.

These are all normal conversations right?

Or make it clear about what other things you will have to sacrifice to buy a house at the top of range. Vacations, eating out, etc.

She may be the golden child now but what if her next boss thinks she went to Derek Zoolander's school for kids that can't write so good? Things can go south really fast.

Also, I feel your pain.

When we were buying our first place back on 05 (and looking in NOVA) we set a budget. A real hard cap. Looked at a bunch of places and we were struggling to find places we liked in our range. I had a work commitment and she went out with the realtor without me that day.

Found the perfect place to put in an offer. 15k +escalator over our agreed upon budget. "But we can always back out upon review of the homeowner docs."

Can you imagine where I'm going? We bought it. We could technically afford it. Market tanked right after. We were underwater for awhile and had to rent for a few years (shitty tenant that blew up our hvac and complained non stop). After the updates we did while we lived there, the cash and time to fix their bs, and finally selling... we almost broke even. Almost. I'm not still salty. We also staged the 1100 sqf townhome. Took an entire weekend of moving and a second to move borrowed shit back to other people. Who bought it? One of the five bids that came the week before we staged. I'm not bitter but my wife knows staging was the right call because <checks notes> house hunting tv shows

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back