• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CTCT: Featuring the Human Selfie Stick

Status
Not open for further replies.
on that note, what's the point of video podcasts? a few I listen to also post the videos on YouTube but who wants to watch a few people sitting around a table talking into mics. same deal with how ESPN simulcasts all its radio shows.
I think a large part of it is to capture the YouTube audience and just be a part of that media ecosystem.

yeah, i mean barring specific interest stuff. i've watched some longer things as well but when i'm scrolling around the algo's suggestions i'm blown away by how many super long videos are out there.
This seems like kinda the opposite of tiktok's scrolling impulse. Sustained and long-form engagement

Here to brag for a sec: My Masters Student, who graduated in May, just won the college wide "Best Natural Resources Thesis" and "Best Overall Thesis Award" for her work on modeling the population viability of a fresh water turtle in California and Oregon. There are 12 competing departments/schools that each nominate their top candidate and her work was deemed the best of the all of them. Wow, I am psyched!
Can’t be the student that was a mess, right?

I have a friend who watches YouTube like it's regular TV. He has a ton of people that he follows and he'll sit and spend hours watching people play DnD, PlayStation games, guitar, and all sorts of other stuff. It's definitely the app that is most used on his TV.

We are on some real retreads like where we talk British food sucking then YB tries to defend because his sex depends on it, and we talk hardrolls where everyone but Windy has figured out it is just a normal bakery roll that’s gone stale and renamed so suckers will still buy them.

We are on some real retreads like where we talk British food sucking then YB tries to defend because his sex depends on it, and we talk hardrolls where everyone but Windy has figured out it is just a normal bakery roll that’s gone stale and renamed so suckers will still buy them.
Brother man I said 3 foods. Not the whole British cuisine

Also, my flight has been delayed by close to an hour for a handful of connections. I get it for those people, but holding up hundreds so you don't have to make anything right for anyone is shitty customer service.

I was gifted tickets to see Zach Bryan tonight and while I am looking forward to the show, I have learned that he doesn't normally even come on stage until 9 PM, which on a Monday night would seem to be to be unsympathetic to many of his fans. Even in my 20s that would be less than ideal.

I was gifted tickets to see Zach Bryan tonight and while I am looking forward to the show, I have learned that he doesn't normally even come on stage until 9 PM, which on a Monday night would seem to be to be unsympathetic to many of his fans. Even in my 20s that would be less than ideal.

He’s worth it.

Probably the only show I’ve been to in the last 2-3 years that I thought it was worth going when all was said and done.

I did say I was excited, just being out till 11 on a Monday isn't exactly the norm for us. The last show we saw was Turnpike and they brought the house down, but that was a Friday night.

Burning Dick. Works on so many levels. Would make a great band name.

The sports board has lost its luster (which assumes it had some).

Thoughtlessness and impatience come to mind as proximate causes.

There’s no chance LocomotiveBreath is not a seriously unhinged person IRL right?

Regarding long-ish YouTube videos, here is a mechanical tear down video of the Tesla Cyber Truck.

Pretty fascinating (to me) explanation of fly-by-wire steering - there is a motor completely dedicated to replicating the normal steering wheel feedback you would get from mechanical steering.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back