• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CTYB4.0: approaching Mako’s dinner time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man the number of people who shit at night blows my mind. I am almost exclusively a morning pooper. Very occasionally a right when I get home from work pooper.
The Sokolove 4x poop schedule makes me think he needs to get that looked at.

How many interviews for a position do y'all find is too many interviews? I have a buddy who was transitioning from a bartender position to a 9-5 type position with a large distributor in the state and it was a six interview process.

I mean....six interviews? What else are we even talking about by that point. I just wanna work for the company, I don't want to marry into the family.
I only had one

When I interviewed for my last job, the person interviewing me was super nervous and told me it was their first time interviewing anybody. They then asked what I did at my current job and I said "work in HR and oversee daily interviews/hiring." I basically ended up interviewing him.

Do you regularly drive more than 150 miles in a day? You could make electric work even in a cold climate. If winter road trips are a priority it might not work but otherwise I think you’d be good
My girlfriends brother boyfriend drives a Tesla and he has to charge that shit at least once to get from Austin to Dallas.

Hard passs on that

Every jobs I’ve ever had has been a 5:30-6 leaving time. The thing that struck me was how many of ya are like done by 4:30 it seems. What jobs are these ?

I work in equity research. Stock market closes at 4pm. Not much to do at that point but tie up some loose ends and head upstairs.

But I'm also legit working around 7am.

yeah i was more referring to folks who are like leaving the entire pre-school and post-school child maintenance to their spouses, but hey it's not my life

(if you're gonna mako your way to the gym at like 4:30am that's a different story)

ymmv, as we often say on here

love all y'all unconditionally
Yeah the reason I go that early is so I don't miss kid time. When I'm actually in-season my schedule is much more fucked up than that(think 80 hour weeks especially with football going on) so I don't feel comfortable taking any time away from the fam to work out. I also have to be at sporting events 2-3 times a week during the off-season so that's really my only option for working out.

I'm reading a book called "Jake's Magical Market" right now and I gotta admit I've never felt more like a nerd than I do at this present time. We won't be taking any questions today. Here's the synopsis from Goodreads:

"Jake is working at the neighborhood market under his apartment when the world ends. He expected nuclear war, a computer virus, or even climate change burning everyone to a crisp to bring about the downfall of civilization. But cruel and arbitrary gods from another world? Who would have guessed that?

When these cruel gods shuffled Earth like a deck of cards, nothing was in the same place anymore. Monsters, dungeons, and magical items appear scattered across the globe. And suddenly, everyone has access to a new, strange magical card system that gives them magical powers.

Jake, wasting his day slacking off in the cooler, as he usually did, found himself alone in a completely new and very dangerous world. Can he learn to survive? Can he collect enough cards and create a good enough deck to fight back against the monsters that have overtaken his former home? And why are these strange people that look a lot like elves knocking on the door of the market he is hiding in and asking to buy some of his goods?

The gods may have stacked the deck against him, but Jake just might have a few cards up his sleeve that will help him survive."

Yeah the reason I go that early is so I don't miss kid time. When I'm actually in-season my schedule is much more fucked up than that(think 80 hour weeks especially with football going on) so I don't feel comfortable taking any time away from the fam to work out. I also have to be at sporting events 2-3 times a week during the off-season so that's really my only option for working out.
You're the AD right?

My problem is I work weekends, and I'm gone overnight at least 1 night, sometimes twice, during the week for my primary work. My wife works like 15-20 hours a week, so it only makes sense for her to handle primary kid doooties.

If there were an apocalyptic occurrence right now and I had to fend for myself in a fantasy world, I like to imagine I'd make it through, but in reality I'd probably die to a level 1 gerbil thirteen seconds after the apocalypse hit.

I think for my current job, I had 4 interviews with 4 different people... But that was more of a situation where they were trying to convince me to join.

This process has also been 4 with 4 different people. 2 guys I'd be working on a team with, my potential boss, and her boss. At this point, I think it is decision time... So I'm sweating.

My problem is I work weekends, and I'm gone overnight at least 1 night, sometimes twice, during the week for my primary work. My wife works like 15-20 hours a week, so it only makes sense for her to handle primary kid doooties.
More like primary kid dookies amirite

At my current job interview, the owner's second question to me was verbatim "I know I'm not really supposed to ask this, but do you and your wife have any kids? We just had our first and it's amazing."

Oh, another good brief rundown of a book I read last year.

"A man. His ex-girlfriend's cat. A sadistic game show unlike anything in the universe: a dungeon crawl where survival depends on killing your prey in the most entertaining way possible."

IT guy just made me update my windows, so I got some posting time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back