• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Cutting the Cord (Ditching TV, not having a baby)

Maybe a dumb question, but can you rent to watch Disney stuff as you desire (one movie or show at time) without a Disney plus subscription?

Getting annoyed with the price increases.

Like you can rent anything else, sure.

You can also record whatever you want from the Disney channels, Marvel and Star Wars movies on cable, etc. That was our “Disney+” back in the day.

Lumos is coming out tomorrow to run internet and Wi-Fi. Hopefully I will be spectrum free by the weekend.
There is no goofier industry than Telecom. The number of CLEC's and RLEC's is mind-boggling. And then the various iterations and names of the Top 3 US based Service Providers... just wild

I screwed up, that appointment is scheduled for next Thursday. My wife is not happy with me cause she has been waiting on them all day. She really got mad when I pointed out that she is a stay at home wife so she was going to be there anyways.

I screwed up, that appointment is scheduled for next Thursday. My wife is not happy with me cause she has been waiting on them all day. She really got mad when I pointed out that she is a stay at home wife so she was going to be there anyways.
Now this the content I love from the chat thread.

god speed Mt Olive! It was nice knowing ya. I'll send a tip to local authorities so they can investigate your tripping down the stairs holding a large kitchen knife and stabbing yourself multiple times on the way down. #seemslegit

I started subscribing to the Disney bundle because AmEx gave me $7 off of it each month. was a great deal when the bundle was $14. Less so now that it's $24.

Might have to drop hulu and espn+ and only keep the disney part around

Max Will Stream NBA, MLB, NHL and More Live Sports in October​

The sports offering will roll out to US streaming customers.

Warner Bros. Discovery is adding live sports on its Max streaming service beginning Oct. 5 for US customers. The company announced the add-on price tier in a press release on Tuesday. Launching as Bleacher Report (B/R) Sports, the package will enable viewers to access simulcast streams of NBA, NHL, NCAA, US Soccer games and more.

At rollout, subscribers can watch live sports programming on Max at no extra cost until the promo period ends on Feb. 29. The sports package will then cost $10 per month and will be available as an add-on for any Max subscription plan in the US.

Debuting under the WBD Sports umbrella, BR Sports will kick off with MLB's National League Division Series on Oct. 7, along with season openers for the NBA and NHL. The platform will include additional content from the Bleacher Report brand like live coverage, TV shows such as Inside the NBA, on-demand videos and international events like 24 Hours of Le Mans. While fans can still watch TNT, TBS and TruTV to catch their favorite teams or documentaries, the BR Sports tier is broadcasting more than 300 games -- including March Madness -- as they air live.

My first thought is this sucks. But if this ends up with a Max app with sports, TNT, TBS, and TruTV and an ESPN app with the ESPN family, that may be enough to ditch YTTV and just get those apps plus an antenna.

I've always thought it'd be cool for HBO or another pay channel to cover sports so they could have an uncensored feed. Mic up the players, coaches, fans, whatever. Let the announcers drop the occasional f-bomb. Basically add some Hard Knocks style content to the actual season... Hell even for golf there was a brief effort to get more microphones for caddies but 95% of golfers curse after half their shots so they ditched it. I think Tyrell Hatton uncensored would be great entertainment.

I am not going to pay for additional content from the Bleacher Report brand

I am not going to pay for additional content from the Bleacher Report brand

NBA court mics and limited commentary would get me to pay. $10 price point is high for limited season content though.

Convinced my wife to not go to xfinity.

Dumped fios tv and kept internet service. That's gonna work for us. Problem now is wife does not want to pay for youtube tv because "we just dumped cable. Why would we want to pay 72 bucks (or whatever) per month." and "we only want to watch a few channels. While, I'll miss xyz, I'll just have to adapt."

My response was
"Counterpoint: I now have no access to wake and spurs games."
-blank stare-
Basketball is kinda a big deal to me.
-blank stare-
I enjoy watching the games.
"I know but..."

She then felt bad and spent some amount of time yesterday trying to find a way for me to watch the spurs. Totally forgot about wake, but whatever. She quickly learned about sports bundles and basically gave up trying.

I could survive with nbatv, though, I'd miss the tnt crew. Maybe, get her on board with you tube tv during college basketball season.

League pass is $99 for the season with commercials. Team pass is $13.99/month.

My other issue is that I record games and start them late to ff through commercials. Not ideal but I can make LP work.

Unfortunately the League Pass experience is far better on YouTubeTV than the NBA app.

Convinced my wife to not go to xfinity.

Dumped fios tv and kept internet service. That's gonna work for us. Problem now is wife does not want to pay for youtube tv because "we just dumped cable. Why would we want to pay 72 bucks (or whatever) per month." and "we only want to watch a few channels. While, I'll miss xyz, I'll just have to adapt."

My response was
"Counterpoint: I now have no access to wake and spurs games."
-blank stare-
Basketball is kinda a big deal to me.
-blank stare-
I enjoy watching the games.
"I know but..."

She then felt bad and spent some amount of time yesterday trying to find a way for me to watch the spurs. Totally forgot about wake, but whatever. She quickly learned about sports bundles and basically gave up trying.
Its amazing what my wife spends $$$$ on and yet jams me on sending $ on stuff I care about ($ to scale) She finally admitted the YTTV was worth it....

Back