• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Cutting the Cord (Ditching TV, not having a baby)

Its amazing what my wife spends $$$$ on and yet jams me on sending $ on stuff I care about ($ to scale) She finally admitted the YTTV was worth it....

There’s your strategy deaconson. Get on her for how much she spends on random stuff then she’ll cave. Good luck!

I wish. She's not a shopper. Not sure what my opening salvo should be. Probs lead with "let's just get yttv." Definitely willing to drop yttv out of season since there's no contract. That'll be a compromise.

Have you showed her Wemby highlights yet?

She did not even want to listen to me talk about his flexibility. Crazy right?

I did get my son to watch the nba draft lottery show. He went ape shit with me when the call was announced. When I took a break from celebrating he just calmly walked away because his job of "support fan" was over.

Just show her his flexibility workout? His three pointer follow dunk?

There’s your strategy deaconson. Get on her for how much she spends on random stuff then she’ll cave. Good luck!
Its a very nuanced approach here. I teach a 300 level class on how to make them feel like shit about how much they spend....

Current setup is SmartTV with basic cable package (Hotwire) with no add-on packages. I have ACCN, SECN, B10N already.

Want more sports, that's it. Particularly college sports. I also like international stuff like rugby. NFL/MLB/NBA not as concerned about maximum options.

Best option is YouTube TV? ESPN+? Something else?

Any kind of package or promo worth knowing about?

i have YTTV, plus Max (through AT&T), Paramount (i think), and Disney+ (through verizon). there has to be a better way to manage things than through these dumb assed bundles

I will say I believe the Amazon Fire TV does a nice job of curating content across multiple streaming apps. But overall, it's a challenging management conundrum

We have had Lumos for 3 weeks now. They still need to come bury the line. I called and they apologized for how long it is taking. I suspect the folks with Lumos are overwhelmed due to folks leaving spectrum.

Tonight I finally signed up for YouTube. When I canceled Spectrum it was a big ordeal. They came back 5 different times offering me lower prices. The last offer was dang good but I told the guy it was too late.

What’s the best way to watch league pass? App direct through the Roku or purchase through YTTV?

I will say I believe the Amazon Fire TV does a nice job of curating content across multiple streaming apps. But overall, it's a challenging management conundrum
I thought the same thing, but the ads have gotten worse. I’ll eventually replace my FireTVs with AppleTVs as I find sales.

What’s the best way to watch league pass? App direct through the Roku or purchase through YTTV?

YTTV easily. The NBA app only allowed one game at a time. YTTV allows multiple games and I assume it will have multiview.

No I have YTTV and am able to watch all of the sacks ickey gives up if I so choose.

No I have YTTV and am able to watch all of the sacks ickey gives up if I so choose.
NBA is different than NFL

I think local team is blacked out for home games, and maybe all games

in Chicago, I get the Bulls on NBC Sports via YTTV, so black outs have no effect

are the Hornets Bally? or some other RSN that doesn't stream on YTTV?

Back